How can I join Sunday Parkways?
Sunday Parkways knows PDX Streets: How can I join Sunday Parkways?
Well my friend that is like asking: How many ways can I cook a potato? There are countless ways. This is a traffic free event that brings people out to enjoy their neighborhoods and discover new ones. We open up between 6 – 9 miles of public streets to the public once a month on Sunday from May to October. The routes connect to a series of Activity hubs/Marketplaces that are usually stationed at parks. At these Marketplaces you can find food, music, dancing, good conversation, city resources and more.
How to get to Sunday Parkways
Typically people get to Sunday Parkways by walking, riding, and rolling. These travel modes are not only a great way to get out and enjoy the neighborhood and the city, but are also green and fun ways to interact with your city.
- Here are some maps to make it easier to WALK to Sunday Parkways. (Ciclistas/Peatones Mapa en Espanol)
- Need a ticket to RIDE to Sunday Parkways. Check out how you can get there using TriMet.
- ROLLING down the sweet Portland streets to get to our event? Here are some bike maps that will guide you to the event with no start and ending point.
- If you want more information on how to get around your City every day, check out our Smart Trips maps and links.
- Getting around on motorized scooter or wheelchair? That's great! Just like those on bikes, please make sure to keep your motorized vehicle at a safe speed for the surrounding attendees.
For ADA Title II or Civil Rights Title VI accommodations, translation/interpretation services and complaints, or for additional information, call 503-823-5266; TTY 503-823-6868; Oregon Relay Services: 711
How to join the festivities? What all is happening at Sunday Parkways?
In short, a lot. Sunday Parkways provides a full day of play for anyone of any age. Enjoying the day is as easy as 1.2.3.
1) Stop by one of our hubs and pick up the Sunday Parkways brochures or flyers which highlight hotbeds of activity along the route, as well as information on live performances and theatrical acts. If you’re plugged in, visit our Facebook and Twitter page for day of the event insight into what’s going on all day.
2) Eat and Buy local! Sunday Parkways offers a chance to see a range of products that Portland has to offer. Stop by our marketplaces located at each park.
3) Most of all - have fun! Ride your bike. Walk the Route. Dance, sing, rock out, and play….to your heart’s content.
How to join as a Volunteer
Are you looking for an opportunity to get involved with Sunday Parkways as a volunteer? If so, we have been looking for you. We would love you to help out as an Intersection Superhero, a Mobile Mechanic, Mobile Mechanic, Info Booth Ambassador, Mobile Superhero and in other many other areas. For more information, please visit our Volunteer page!
How to join as a Business or NGO
Sunday Parkways welcomes the chance to bring businesses and organizations to this city event. This event is a great way to connect with new customers, new faces, new areas of the city, as well as build and expand your connections throughout the city. If you are interested in becoming a vendor at any of our events, please visit our Vendor’s page.
How to join as a Performer
Sunday Parkways loves artists and performers! If you want to create art along the route, play your music for Portland, provide a juggling act our event, and let us know! Visit our Performer's page to learn more about how you can make Sunday Parkways even better!