1120 SW Fifth Ave, Suite 800, Portland, OR 97204
Project Goals and Outcomes
PBOT and BPS are partnering to incorporate the Portland Plan as part of the Comprehensive Plan update and the Transportation System Plan Update (TSP). BPS is updating the Comprehensive Plan, which was first adopted in 1980, and will result in paradigm changes to the TSP. We strive to advance several objectives:
Centers and Corridors: Push forward plans that will direct future growth toward centers and corridors, as a strategy to boost the Healthy Connected City piece of the Portland Plan.
Equity and Health: Incorporate equity and human health considerations into our land use and transportation plans.
Multimodal Approach: Work toward adoption of multimodal level of service standards and related “complete streets” approaches.
Financially Realistic: Build our plans with realistic financial projections and expected sources of money.
Partnerships: Strengthen land use and transportation partnerships with regional and state agencies, including TriMet, the State, and Metro.
Build on Existing Plans: In addition to the Portland Plan, integrate the 2040 Framework Plan Climate Action Plan, Streetcar System Concept Plan, Bicycle Plan for 2030, and the City’s economic development plans into the TSP and Comprehensive Plan..
As we work toward the previously mentioned goals, the Transportation System Plan into three phases as outlined below:
- Refine the goals and policies in the Comprehensive Plan
- Outline ways to make the project selection criteria and policies equitable
- Update the list of priority projects and our financial plan
- Review transportation modeling and findings
- Develop Street Classification Map updates
- Develop changes to code (Administrative rule, Title 17; Street design guidelines)