West Burnside Safety Improvements
Click image to enlarge.
This project will design and construct a series of safety improvements along the W. Burnside corridor including new sidewalk, signal rebuilds, curb ramps, curb extensions, island alterations, pedestrian push buttons, signing and striping and potential bike lane extensions and reconfiguration.
PBOT is improving West Burnside St. by adding the following elements in 2016/2017:
- NW Uptown Terrace to NW 24th Place – Sidewalk on north side of W. Burnside. Four pedestrian ramps at NW 24th Place and W. Burnside Street. Retaining wall design as needed for the project.
- Lighting study and demonstration project for pedestrian scale lighting, 2nd Avenue to 5th Avenue.
- W. Burnside at 18th and 19th - Curb ramps at all four corners of 18th and 19th. Curb realignment S. side of Burnside, 18th to 19th (island re-design.) Coordinate Bus stop improvements with Tri-Met.
- W. Burnside, 14th, 15th and 16th – Realign 16th north of Burnside, includes signal rebuild at 16th, NW corner rebuild at 15th, potential to remove EB right turn slip lane at 15th, curb extensions at 14th and Couch/I-405.
- Traffic signal at W. Burnside/20th Place.
- West Burnside Multimodal Study.
Evaluate multi-modal traffic operations along W Burnside at 18th, 19th and on SW Alder. Based on a preferred alternative design, develop 15% concept plans associated with the multi-modal improvements. (read more)
For more information contact:
See also East Burnside Street safety improvements.