Downtown Traffic Impacts
Last Updated on Dec 1, 2015
Downtown Construction Projects
The following projects are permitted long term use of the street and sidewalk to facilitate construction on private property.
- SW 3rd & Taylor: Hotel construction closes sidewalks and parking and intermittent lane closures on the north side of Taylor and east side of 3rd. Projected project completion Oct 2016. Contact is Mortenson construction 971.202.4107
- NW 4th, Burnside, 5th: Remodel and new hotel construction on 1/2 block site. Sidewalks and parking removed, intermittent lane closures on NW 4th for concrete and crane work. Projected completion May 2017. Howard S Wright Constructors, Jamey Shaw at 503-220-0895.
- SW 4th & Stark: interior building demolition. Project closes sidewalks on east side of SW 4th between Stark - Washington and south side of SW Stark between 3rd - 4th, as well as the turn lane on SW Stark.
- SW 6th, Harrison, Broadway, Montgomery: building remodel and addition, sidewalks and parking fenced. Intermittent street closures on SW Montgomery. Projected completion date June 2016, project contact is Skanska USA Building at 503-382-0900.
- SW 9th, Park, Yamhill and Morrison: full block, Park Avenue West project underway. Closes SW 9th between Morrison & Yamhill, all hours, all days. Also an intermittent closures of SW Park between Yamhill & Morrison, M-F, 7am-4pm for concrete pours, equipment staging and deliveries. Intermittent lane closures on SW Morrison for utility connections. Projected project completion January 2016.
- SW 9th Ave between Yamhill and Taylor: Full street closure Sept 23-Nov 19 for repairs to Director Park structure.
- SW 12th, 11th, Clay-Market: new 8 story building. Sidewalk, lane parking, closures.
- SW 14th, 15th, Yamhill and Taylor St: Interior remodel. Project closes sidewalks and park on the East side of 15th between Taylor-Yamhill and south side of Yamhill 14th-15th. Projected project completion July 2016. contact Eric Newby 503.459.4477.
- NW 14th & 15th, north of Irving: 1/2 block project for Pearl West Office Building. Closes sidewalk and parking on east and west sides of the block, includes intermittent lane closures on NW 15th. Project contact is Dan Zylkowski with Howard S Wright, 503-220-0895. Projected completion date is March 2016.
- NW Couch, 9th, Davis: 1/2 block demo and new construction. Sidewalks and parking closed, intermittent lane closures for concrete pours and utility connections. Projected completion July 2017. Walsh Construction, Nick Leeding at 503-222-4375.
- NW Davis, 1st, Couch, Naito: Demo of existing parking lot and new construction on 3/4 of the block. Sidewalks closed around site perimeter. Contact is Tom Hammons at Andersen Construction, 503-283-6712.
- NW Naito, 9th-15th: East side lane and sidewalk closures during building.
- NW Northrup, 10th, Overton, 11th: full block project. Sidewalk and parking closures on all four sides. Projected comnpletion is June 2016. Contact is Bret McGuire at 503-347-6378.
- NW Overton, 12th, Pettygrove, 13th: full block project. Sidewalk and parking closures all around, intermittent street and lane closures on NW 12th and NW Pettygrove. Project completion date is June 2016. Contact is Brian Anthony at 503-283-6712.
- NW 13th, 14th Quimby, Pettygrove: Closes traffic lanes, bike lanes and sidewalks during construction at 1420 NW 14th
- SW Jefferson, 11th, & 12th: Demo of existing building and new construction of 15-story apartment building. Sidewalk and parking on three sides, lane closures on Jefferson and 12th. Project completion date is Januray 2016.
- SW Moody, Abernethy, Bond: May 18 start. Project completion 2016. All Hours. Lanes and sidewalks. Fenced job site.
- SW Stark, 5th-6th: South side sidewalk closures during demo and TI. Fenced job site.
- SW Washington, 4-5 and SW 4th, Alder-Washington: 2016 completetion, All Hours, Remodel of building.
Utility Work, Crane Lifts, & Other Use Resulting in Lane or Street Closures
The following streets are expected to have impacts from private construction, utility work, crane lifts: .
- NW 14th, Irving-Johnson: Dec 1 and 3, right lane closure for pavement restoration
- NW 15th, Hoyt-Johnson: Dec 11-13, street closed for tower crane dismantle
- NW Flanders, 2nd-3rd: Nov 29-Dec 8, street closed during pond replacement in Chinese Garden.
- NW Irving, 5th-Broadway: Dec 1-18, lane shifts during underground utility work
- SW Jefferson, Columbia, 6th, Broadway: Sept 21-Dec 4. Lane and sidewalk closures 7am-3pm M-Sat
- NW Naito, Ironside Terrace-Steel Bridge: Jan 4-Feb 5, 9am-3pm Mon-Fri, southbound lane shift during gas main repair
- SW Taylor, 16th-17th: Oct 19-Jan 4, 7am-7pm: Intermittent right lane closures during equipment removal
Multnomah County Bridges - Use link for bridge closures & updates
Portland5's Centers for the Arts
Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall & Keller Auditorium School Buses for Performances
- Schnitzer: Nothing scheduled
- Keller: Nothing scheduled
SW Main Street (gates), SW Broadway to Park: closures for performances & events
- Thursday, 11/19/15: Gate closed from 8:45am to 2pm and from 6:30pm to 11pm
- Friday, 11/20/15: Gate closed from 8:45am to 2pm and from 6:30pm to 11pm
- Saturday, 11/21/15: Gate closed from 1pm to 11pm
- Sunday, 11/22/15: Gate closed from 10am to 4pm and from 6:30pm to 11pm
- Monday, 11/23/15: Gate closed from 7pm to 11pm
- Wednesday, 11/25/15: Gate closed from 6:30pm to 11pm
- Friday, 11/27/15: Gate closed from 6:30pm to 11pm
- Saturday, 11/28/15: Gate closed from 1pm to 11pm
- Sunday, 11/29/15: Gate closed from 1pm to 7pm
One-Time and/or Ongoing Community and Special Events
Click here for Community Event Calendar
Click here for Citywide fairs and events
Click here for Special Events such as runs, parades & other moving events
To receive automated notices about large special events that will have traffic impacts, simply use the Portland "subscribe" option and subscribe to Transportation.
The above information from the Portland Bureau of Transportation on expected traffic conditions was prepared based on known construction traffic control plans at the time of writing. The information is subject to change as new information becomes available.