Last Updated on January 27, 2015
Downtown Construction Projects
The following projects are listed by avenues first, and then streets. These projects are permitted long term use of the street and sidewalk to facilitate construction on private property.
- SW 1st, 2nd, Taylor, Yamhill: Jan 3-Feb 6, 2015. Sidewalk closures on all streets adjacent to 110 SW Yamhill for contruction. Fenced.
- SW 4th & Stark: interior building demolition. Project closes sidewalks on east side of SW 4th between Stark - Washington and south side of SW Stark between 3rd - 4th, as well as the turn lane on SW Stark.
- SW 9th, Park, Yamhill and Morrison: full block, Park Avenue West project underway. Closes SW 9th between Morrison & Yamhill, all hours, all days. Also an intermittent closures of SW Park between Yamhill & Morrison, M-F, 7am-4pm for concrete pours, equipment staging and deliveries. Intermittent lane closures on SW Morrison for utility connections. Projected project completion January 2016.
- SW 12th, 11th, Clay-Market: new 8 story building. Sidewalk, lane parking, closures.
- SW 12th and Stark: interior building demolition. Project closes sidewalks and parking on east side of SW 12th between Stark - Washington and south side of SW Stark between 11th - 12th. Project completion estimated Feb 2015.
- SW 14th, 145h, Yamhill and Taylor St: Interior remodel. Project closes sidewalks and park on the East side of 15th between Taylor-Yamhill and south side of Yamhill 14th-15th. Projected project completion July 2015. contact Eric Newby 503.459.4477.
- NW 2nd & 3rd Ave, Burnside-Couch St: Sidewalk and parking closures, Fence for Rebuild. All Hours
- NW 8th, Flanders - Glisan: Jan 23-April 23, All Hours, East side sidewalk closure during construction
- NW 14th & 15th, north of Irving: 1/2 block project for Pearl West Office Building. Closes sidewalk and parking on east and west sides of the block, includes intermittent lane closures on NW 15th. Project contact is Dan Zylkowski with Howard S Wright, 503-220-0895. Projected completion date is March 2016.
- NW 15th, Pettygrove to Quimby: 1/2 block project begins with demolition of existing building. Closes sidewalks & parking, uses intermittent lane and street closures on east side 15th, north side Pettygrove & south side of Quimby. Project contact is James Scheh at 408.507.1811, Projected completion is September 2014.
- NW Everett, NW 11th, NW 12th: Closes sidewalks and lanes, 8am-4pm.
- NW Northrup, 10th, Overton, 11th: full block project. Sidewalk and parking closures on all four sides. Projected comnpletion is June 2016. Contact is Bret McGuire at 503-347-6378.
- NW Overton, 11th, & 12th: 1/2 block project. Closes sidewalks and parking, uses intermittent lane and street closures on west side of 11th, north side of Overton and east side of 12th. Project contact is Bob Brockamp at 503-283-6712. Project completion date is October 2015.
- NW Overton, 12th, Pettygrove, 13th: full block project. Sidewalk and parking closures all around, intermittent street and lane closures on NW 12th and NW Pettygrove. Project completion date is June 2015. Contact is Brian Anthony at 503-283-6712.
- NW Pettygrove, Overton, 12th, 13th: occasional street closure during shoring on NW Pettygrove, 6am-6pm.
- SW Broadway, Stark-Washington: Sidewalk and parking closures for Interior Renovation. Projected completion June 2015
- SW Broadway, Clay, 6th, Market: Demo and remodel of old post offic ebldg. Sidewalk and parking closures on three sides. Intermittent lane closures. Karha Konell, Konell Contraution, 503.668.3516.
- SW Clay, Columbia,1st-Naito: Sidewalk and parking closures during roof repair.
- SW Jefferson, 11th, & 12th: Demo of existing building and new construction of 15-story apartment building. Sidewalk and parking on three sides, lane closures on Jefferson and 12th. Project completion date is Januray 2016. Contact is Sean Robinson at 253-845-9544.
- SW Washington, 4-5 and SW 4th, Alder-Washington: Jan14-April 14, All Hours, Remodel of building.
Utility Work, Crane Lifts, & Other Use Resulting in Lane or Street Closures
The following streets are expected to have impacts from private construction, utility work, crane lifts:
- NW 14th, Marshall-Northrup: Jan 28-29, Closures All hours for utility work.
- NW 14th, Pettygrove-Quimby: Jan 30, 9am-5pm, North side lane and sidewalk closure while replacing glass canopy.
- SW 1st, Arthur-Sheridan:Jan 23 - Feb 12, 7am-4pm, All days, West side sidewalk and lane closed during concrete pours.
- SW 11th, 12th, Stark, Burnside: Jan 30, 9am-3pm, Sidewalk and lane closures during sign installation.
- NW Davis 3-4: Jan 27-April 30, North side sidewalk clsoure during demo.
- NW Hoyt, Broadway-Park: Feb 2-6, All Hours, south side sidewalk closure during commercial move.
- SW Clay, 1-Naito: Jan 31, 7am-5pm, Street closure for crane lift.
- SW Main, 2-3: Jan 31, 7am-1pm, street closure for crane lift.
- SW Naito, Clay-Columbia: June 6-7, East side lane clsoure during Rose Festival activities.
- SW Oak, 1-2: Jan 30-Feb 3, 7am-5pm, Closures during utility work.
- SW Oak, 9-Park, Jan 21-28, 8am-4:30 lane closures during utility work.
- SW Pine, 1-2: Jan 26-April 26: Close north side sidewalk during construction.
- SW Stark 3-4: Jan 29, 6am-4pm, Close street for crane lift.
- SW Stark, 11-12: Jan 19-Feb 2, 9am-9pm, North side lane closures during utility work.
- SW Stark, 11-12: Feb 9-13, 7am-4pm, South side lane closure during sidewalk rebuild.
Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall & Keller Auditorium School Buses for Performances
- SW 3rd Ave, Clay-Market: School Buses for Performances
- SW Salmon, Broadway-Park:
- Keller Auditorium stage set load in/out:
- SW 3rd, Clay to Market: right lane closed, valid all hours except pm peak of Mon-Fri, 3:30pm to 6:30pm
- SW Clay, 3rd to 2nd: left lane closed, valid all hours except am peak of Mon-Fri, 7am to 9am
- SW Market, 4th to 2nd: left lane closed, valid all hours except pm peak of Mon-Fri, 3:30pm to 6:30pm
SW Main Street (gates), SW Broadway to Park: closures for performances & events
- Monday, 2/2/15: Gate closed from 6:30pm to 11pm
- Wednesday, 2/4/15: Gate closed from 9am to 2pm and from 6pm to 10:30pm
- Thursday, 2/5/15: Gate closed from 9am to 1:30pm
- Friday, 2/6/15: Gate closed from 9am to 1:30pm
- Saturday, 2/7/15: Gate closed from 1pm to 11pm
- Sunday, 2/8/15: Gate closed from 1pm to 4pm and from 6:30pm to 10:30pm
Multnomah County Bridges - Use link for bridge closures & updates
One-Time and/or Ongoing Community and Special Events
Tuesday, 3/17/15 from 12:01am through Wednesday, 3/18/15 at 5am, Paddy's Bar and Grill to close SW Yamhill between Naito and 1st for the St Patrick's Day Fundraiser to benefit Children's Cancer Association.
Click here for Citywide fairs and events
Click here for Special Events such as runs, parades & other moving events
To receive automated notices about large special events that will have traffic impacts, simply use the Portland "subscribe" option and subscribe to Transportation.
The above information from the Portland Bureau of Transportation on expected traffic conditions was prepared based on known construction traffic control plans at the time of writing. The information is subject to change as new information becomes available.: