Last Updated on September 29, 2014
Downtown Construction Projects
The following projects are listed by avenues first, east to west, and streets next, north to south. These projects are permitted long term use of the street and sidewalk to facilitate construction on private property.
- SW 4th & Stark: iinterior building demolition. Project closes sidewalks on east side of SW 4th between Stark - Washington and south side of SW Stark between 3rd - 4th, as well as the turn lane on SW Stark.
- SW 9th, Park, Yamhill and Morrison: full block, Park Avenue West project underway. Closes SW 9th between Morrison & Yamhill, all hours, all days. Also an intermittent closures of SW Park between Yamhill & Morrison, M-F, 7am-4pm for concrete pours, equipment staging and deliveries. Intermittent lane closures on SW Morrison for utility connections. Projected project completion January 2016.
- NW 14th & 15th, north of Irving: 1/2 block project for Pearl West Office Building. Closes sidewalkl and parking on east and west sides of the block, includes intermittent lane closures on NW 15th. Project contact is Dan Zylkowski with Howard S Wright, 503-220-0895. Projected completion date is March 2016.
- NW 15th, Pettygrove to Quimby: 1/2 block project begins with demolition of existing building. Closes sidewalks & parking, uses intermittent lane and street closures on east side 15th, north side Pettygrove & south side of Quimby. Project contact is James Scheh at 408.507.1811, Projected completion is September 2014.
- NW Overton, 11th, & 12th: 1/2 block project. Closes sidewalks and parking, uses intermittent lane and street closures on west side of 11th, north side of Overton and east side of 12th. Project contact is Bob Brockamp at 503-283-6712. Project completion date is October 2015.
- NW Overton, 12th, Pettygrove, 13th: full block project. Sidewalk and parking closures all around, intermittent lane closures on NW 13th. Project completion date is June 2015. Contact is Brian Anthony at 503-283-6712.
- NW Northrup, 10th, Overton, 11th: full block project. Sidewalk and parking closures on all four sides. Projected comnpletion is June 2016. Contact is Bret McGuire at 503-347-6378.
- SW Jefferson, 11th, & 12th: Demo of existing building and new construction of 15-story apartment building. Sidewalk and parking on three sides, lane closures on Jefferson and 12th. Project completion date is Januray 2016. Contact is Sean Robinson at 253-845-9544.
Utility Work, Crane Lifts, & Other Use Resulting in Lane or Street Closures
The following streets (listed by avenues first, from east to west, and streets next, from north to south) are expected to have impacts from private construction, utility work, crane lifts:
- SW 2nd, Washington - Stark: October 3rd, 1pm-5pm, alternating lane closures during utility paving
- NW 3rd, Couch - Burnside: through September 30, 6am-6pm, two right lanes intermittently closed during remodel deliveries
- NW Broadway, Glisan - Hoyt: Sept 22-Nov 21, 9am-4pm, right lane closed during sidewalk reconstruction, etc.
- NW 9th, Couch - Burnside: Sept 29-Oct 3, 7am-5pm, right lane closed for utility work
- SW Park, Alder - Washington: Oct 1-3, all hours, right lane closed for utility work
- NW 10th, Glisan - Hoyt: Sept 19-26, 6am-4pm, right lane closed during roof work.
- NW 14th, Irving - Johnson: August 28-Sept 30, 7am-4pm, left lane intermittently closed during site excavation
- NW Glisan, Broadway - 8th: Sept 19-Nov 21, 9am-4pm, right lane closed for sidewalk reconstruction, etc
- NW Glisan, 11th - 12th: Sept 30 - Oct 10, 9am-3pm, right lane closed for utility work
- W Burnside, 1st - 2nd: Sept 27-Oct 10, 9am-5pm, right westbound lane closed for painting
- W Burnside, 12th - 13th: Sept 22-Oct 3, 9am-3pm, right eastbound lane closed during utility work
- SW Yamhill, 9th - Park: Sept 29-Oct 3, 6a,-4pm, right lane closed for utility work
- SW Montgomery, 4th to 5th: August 11-September 28, full street closure for Portland Streetcar work
- SW Harrison, 1st - 4th: October 6-7, 8am-5pm, right westbound lane closed for tree work
Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall & Keller Auditorium School Buses for Performances
Keller Auditorium stage set load in/out: None scheduled
- SW 3rd, Clay to Market: right lane closed, valid all hours except pm peak of Mon-Fri, 3:30pm to 6:30pm
- SW Clay, 3rd to 2nd: left lane closed, valid all hours except am peak of Mon-Fri, 7am to 9am
- SW Market, 4th to 2nd: left lane closed, valid all hours except pm peak of Mon-Fri, 3:30pm to 6:30pm
SW Main Street (gates), SW Broadway to Park: closures for performances & events
- Wednesday, 10/1/14: Gate closed from 8am to 3:30pm and from 5:45pm to 8:30pm
- Thursday, 10/2/14: Gate closed from 6:30pm to 11pm
- Friday, 10/3/14: Gate closed 6:30pm to 11pm
- Saturday, 10/4/14: Gate closed from 1pm to 4:30pm and from 6:30pm to 11pm
- Sunday, 10/5/14: Gate closed from 1pm to 4:30pm and from 7pm to 11pm
Multnomah County Bridges - Use link for bridge closures & updates
One-Time and/or Ongoing Community and Special Events
Thursday, 10/2/14, from 2pm to 11pm, Urban Art Network to close NW 13th Ave between Irving and Johnson only.
Wednesdays, from 7am-4pm, through 11/26/14, Portland Farmers Market to close SW Main St between E Park and W Park for the Portland Farmers Market at Shemanski Park.
Wednesday, 9/24/14 from 2pm to 5pm, PSU Center for Student Health and Counseling to close SW Hall St between 5th and 6th for the SHAC Block Party.
Saturday, 9/27/14 from 5am-9pm, Multnomah County LIbrary to close SW Taylor St between 10th and 11th for the Multnomah County LIbrary 150 Year Celebration.
Saturday, 9/27/14 from 5:30pm to 9:30pm, University Pointe at College Station to close SW Jackson between 5th and dead-end for a movie night.
Saturday, 9/27/14 from 6am to 6pm, Union Gospel Mission to close NW 3rd between Couch and Burnside and NW Couch between 3rd and 4th for Operation Overcoat.
Saturday, 9/27/14 from 3pm to 2am on 9/28/14, Old Town Chinatown to close NW Davis between 3rd and 4th for the Elevate Dance performance.
Sunday, 9/28/14 from 8am to 3pm, The ALS Association Oregon and SW Washington Chapter to close SW Salmon St between Naito and 2nd and SW 1st Ave betwen Salmon and Taylor for the Walk to Defeat ALS(R).
5am on Friday, 10/3/14 until 11:59pm on 10/5/14, Better Block PDX to close the east side lane on 3rd Ave between NW Everett and SW Ash for the 3rd Avenue Pilot Project
Saturday, 10/18/14 from 10am to 6pm, Portland State University Alumni Association to close SW Taylor St beteen 17th and 18th for the PSU Alumni Assoication Homecoming Tailgate.
Click here for Citywide fairs and events
Click here for Special Events such as runs, parades & other moving events
To receive automated notices about large special events that will have traffic impacts, simply use the Portland "subscribe" option and subscribe to Transportation.
The above information from the Portland Bureau of Transportation on expected traffic conditions was prepared based on known construction traffic control plans at the time of writing. The information is subject to change as new information becomes available.: