Last Updated on October 16, 2014
Downtown Construction Projects
The following projects are listed by avenues first, and then streets. These projects are permitted long term use of the street and sidewalk to facilitate construction on private property.
- SW 4th & Stark: interior building demolition. Project closes sidewalks on east side of SW 4th between Stark - Washington and south side of SW Stark between 3rd - 4th, as well as the turn lane on SW Stark.
- SW 9th, Park, Yamhill and Morrison: full block, Park Avenue West project underway. Closes SW 9th between Morrison & Yamhill, all hours, all days. Also an intermittent closures of SW Park between Yamhill & Morrison, M-F, 7am-4pm for concrete pours, equipment staging and deliveries. Intermittent lane closures on SW Morrison for utility connections. Projected project completion January 2016.
- SW 12th and Stark: interior building demolition. Project closes sidewalks and parking on east side of SW 12th between Stark - Washington and south side of SW Stark between 11th - 12th. Project completion estimated Dec 2014.
- SW 15th, 14th, Yamhill and Taylor St: Interior remodel. Project closes sidewalks and park on the East side of 15th between Taylor-Yamhill and south side of Yamhill 14th-15th. Projected project completion July 2015. contact Eric Newby 503.459.4477.
- NW 14th & 15th, north of Irving: 1/2 block project for Pearl West Office Building. Closes sidewalkl and parking on east and west sides of the block, includes intermittent lane closures on NW 15th. Project contact is Dan Zylkowski with Howard S Wright, 503-220-0895. Projected completion date is March 2016.
- NW 15th, Pettygrove to Quimby: 1/2 block project begins with demolition of existing building. Closes sidewalks & parking, uses intermittent lane and street closures on east side 15th, north side Pettygrove & south side of Quimby. Project contact is James Scheh at 408.507.1811, Projected completion is September 2014.
- NW Overton, 11th, & 12th: 1/2 block project. Closes sidewalks and parking, uses intermittent lane and street closures on west side of 11th, north side of Overton and east side of 12th. Project contact is Bob Brockamp at 503-283-6712. Project completion date is October 2015.
- NW Overton, 12th, Pettygrove, 13th: full block project. Sidewalk and parking closures all around, intermittent street and lane closures on NW 12th and NW Pettygrove. Project completion date is June 2015. Contact is Brian Anthony at 503-283-6712.
- NW Northrup, 10th, Overton, 11th: full block project. Sidewalk and parking closures on all four sides. Projected comnpletion is June 2016. Contact is Bret McGuire at 503-347-6378.
- SW Jefferson, 11th, & 12th: Demo of existing building and new construction of 15-story apartment building. Sidewalk and parking on three sides, lane closures on Jefferson and 12th. Project completion date is Januray 2016. Contact is Sean Robinson at 253-845-9544.
Utility Work, Crane Lifts, & Other Use Resulting in Lane or Street Closures
The following streets (listed by avenues first, from east to west, and streets next, from north to south) are expected to have impacts from private construction, utility work, crane lifts:
- SW 1st Ave, Taylor-Yamhill St: October 16th, Lane and sidewalk closures for crane lift.
- SW 1st Ave, Lincoln-Sheridan: October 15-21st, 7am-5pm, Lane closure and All Hrs/All Days sidewalk closure, while trimming trees and demoing sidewalk..
- SW 2nd Ave, Taylor - Yamhill St: October 16th, Lane and sidewalk closures for crane lift.
- SW 2nd Ave, Jefferson-Madison St: Oct 27-31, 7am-4pm Lane closures for Manlift.
- NW 3rd, Couch - Burnside: through November 20, 6am-6pm, two right lanes intermittently closed during remodel deliveries
- SW 3rd Ave, Jefferson St-Madison St: Oct 27-31, 7am-4pm Lane closures for Manlift.
- SW 5th Ave, Morrison to Taylor St: October 13-October 31, Lane and street closures for vault access.
- SW 4th Ave, Taylor-Yamihill St: Oct 22-24, Lane closures on SW 4th and SW Taylor for fiber mainline.
- SW 11th Ave, Jefferson-Madison St: Oct 16-21, Sidewalk closures and parking removal on the west side for utility work.
- NW Broadway, Glisan - Hoyt: Sept 22-Nov 21, 9am-4pm, right lane closed during sidewalk reconstruction, etc.
- NW Glisan, Broadway - 8th: Sept 19-Nov 21, 9am-4pm, right lane closed for sidewalk reconstruction, etc
- SW Stark St, 1st-2nd: 10/22/14, 7am-6pm, stret closed for crane lift
- SW Taylor, 9th-Park Ave: October 16-17, 8am-5pm, Lane closure for utility work.
- SW Madison St, 2nd-3rd:Oct 27-31, 7am-4pm Lane closures for Manlift.
- SW Jefferson St, 2nd-3rd:Oct 27-31, 7am-4pm Lane closures for Manlift.
- SW Montgomery, 4th to 5th: August 11-October 28, full street closure for Portland Streetcar work
- NW Everett St, 13th-14th Ave: October 15-17, Lane closure for utility work.
Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall & Keller Auditorium School Buses for Performances
Keller Auditorium stage set load in/out: 10/16/14 School Buses for Performances
- SW 3rd, Clay to Market: right lane closed, valid all hours except pm peak of Mon-Fri, 3:30pm to 6:30pm
- SW Clay, 3rd to 2nd: left lane closed, valid all hours except am peak of Mon-Fri, 7am to 9am
- SW Market, 4th to 2nd: left lane closed, valid all hours except pm peak of Mon-Fri, 3:30pm to 6:30pm
SW Main Street (gates), SW Broadway to Park: closures for performances & events
- Wednesday, 10/15/14: Gate closed from 8am to 3:30pm
- Thursday. 10/16/14: Gate closed from 6:30pm to 11pm
- Friday, 10/17/14: Gate closed from 6:30pm to 11pm
- Saturday, 10/18/14: Gate closed from 1pm to 11pm
- Sunday, 10/19/14: Gate closed from 1pm to 11pm
Multnomah County Bridges - Use link for bridge closures & updates
One-Time and/or Ongoing Community and Special Events
Wednesdays, from 7am-4pm, through 11/26/14, Portland Farmers Market to close SW Main St between E Park and W Park for the Portland Farmers Market at Shemanski Park
Saturday, 10/18/14 from 10am to 6pm, Portland State University Alumni Association to close SW Taylor St between 17th and 18th for the PSU Alumni Assoication Homecoming Tailgate.
Sunday, 10/26/14 from 4am to 12:30pm, Terrapin Events to close SW Broadway between Morrison and Yamhill for Run Like Hell.
Monday, 10/27/14 from 8am to 3pm, BRIDGE Housing to close NW Raleigh St between 13th and 14th and NW 13th between Raleigh and Quimby for The Abigail Groundbreaking Ceremony.
Saturday, 11/1/14 from 5am until 1pm, Pancreatic Cancer Action Network to close SW Salmon St between 1st and Naito for the PurpleStride Portland 2014.
Click here for Citywide fairs and events
Click here for Special Events such as runs, parades & other moving events
To receive automated notices about large special events that will have traffic impacts, simply use the Portland "subscribe" option and subscribe to Transportation.
The above information from the Portland Bureau of Transportation on expected traffic conditions was prepared based on known construction traffic control plans at the time of writing. The information is subject to change as new information becomes available.: