"The Bureau of Transportation is a COMMUNITY PARTNER in shaping a LIVABLE city. We plan, build, manage, and maintain an EFFECTIVE and SAFE transportation system that provides people and businesses ACCESS and MOBILITY. We keep Portland moving."
In keeping with the mission of the Bureau of Transportation, the Transportation Options division is in the planning stage to create a map designed for residents who use mobility devices or who need information about accessible streets, sidewalks, and destinations.
Some features that the map may include:
- Paved and unpaved streets, with and without sidewalks
- Curb cuts
- Crosswalks with pedestrian-activated signals
- Crosswalks w/o signals
- Bus & transit information, including stops and routes
- Accessible bathrooms
Intended users of the map include:
- Users of mobility assistance devices
- Parents with strollers
- Anyone who needs more detail about street and sidewalk conditions to plan a safe, convenient, and comfortable trip on foot, on wheels, or by transit.
Please help us make this map as useful as possible!
You may leave comments below, or contact Timo Forsberg directly with your ideas and suggestions.