Regulation changes have increased penalties for operating without permits in the City of Portland
Taxi rates are a maximum of $2.50 plus $2.60 per mile and wait time at a rate of $30 per hour. Additional passengers are $1 each. **During the pilot program running now through August 31, 2015, taxis can charge any amount they want. However, most taxi companies have informed us that they will maintain the current maximum rates. Drivers must have a valid copy of their driver permit in the car where the passenger can see it. The vehicle must have a City of Portland Taxi Plate on the back trunk, which is white with red lettering. Only the following companies are permitted to pick you up anywhere in Portland.
TNC Companies - Transportation Network Companies are allowed to charge any amount they want. Fares can fluctuate based on demand. Drivers and vehicles are required to be permitted and can show you proof on their phone if you ask. The vehicle must have a sticker indicating the TNC company they are permitted by. The transportation must be scheduled via the App and cannot be offered by the driver directly.
Reservation Required. A reservations must be made at least one hour in advance. Minimum fare of $50 between Portland International Airport (PDX) and Portland's Downtown Core and/or the AMTRAK station.
Maximum shuttle fare is $16 per person between the Portland International Airport (PDX) and Portland's Downtown Core and/or the AMTRAK station. Shuttles are allowed to pick up multiple passengers at a time.
- A Portland Shuttle Service: 503-860-5398
- AAA Shuttle LLC: 503-525-0123
- Adam Airport Shuttle: 503-754-2649
- Alex Shuttle PDX: 503-984-9874
- Allan Airport Shuttle: 503-734-6440
- Aloha Express Airport Transportation Services: 503-356-8848
- Beaverton Airporter LLC: 503-760-6565
- Blue Star Charters & Tours, Inc.: 503-249-1837
- Blue Star Services, Inc.: 503-249-1837
- Community Towncar & Shuttle Service, Inc.: 503-674-5861
- Eagle Shuttle, LLC: 503-515-3111
- Eco Shuttle: 503-548-4480
- Economy Shuttle, Inc.: 503-888-2928
- E-Z Ride Transportation: 503-866-3993
- Falcon Airport Transportation: 503-877-5003
- Gold Star Shuttle Service: 503-267-5766
- Green Shuttle, LLC: 503-234-1414
- Hanan Shuttle, LLC: 503-380-7372
- Hillsboro Airporter & Car Service, LLC: 503-888-9199
- Horizon Oregon Shuttle: 503-839-0764
- Lake Oswego Airporter, LLC: 503-639-1332
- Luxury Accommodation Inc.: 503-902-6369
- Mt. Hood Airport Shuttle: 503-642-5451
- New Star Airport Shuttle: 503-334-9108
- Northwest Concierge Service, LLC: 503-221-0605
- Odyssey Airport Shuttle: 503-464-6587
- Oregon Super Shuttle LLC: 503-484-4646
- Pioneer Executive Towcar, Shuttle & Limousine Service, LLC: 503-731-8783
- Portland Metro Shuttle: 503-475-4901
- Portland State Airport Shuttle (503) 502-7398
- Raja Tours and Airporter, Inc.: 503-524-4386
- Ready Ride: 503-841-1284
- Rose Shuttle: 866-641-7373
- Safe Airport Shuttle: 503-997-7775
- Skyhop Global, LLC: 503-913-7556
- Time Airport Shuttle: 503-849-4521
- USA Airport Shuttle: 800-997-4599
- Venice Livery, Inc. : 503-890-4144
- White Van Shuttle, Inc.: 503-774-9755
- Willamette Express Shuttle: 503-515-2371
- Wind Shuttle, LLC: 503-998-8608
Executive Sedan Companies
Reservation Required: reservations must be made at least one hour in advance. Minimum fare of $50 between Portland International Airport (PDX) and Portland's Downtown Core and/or the AMTRAK station.
Pedicab and other Pedal Powered Transportation Companies
Horse Drawn Carriage Companies
There are currently no Horse Drawn Carriage companies permitted to operate in the City of Portland
Check back for updates or call 503-823-5157 for further information.
- The taxi, limousine and tour, shuttle, executive sedan, TNC and pedicab company websites are provided as a courtesy intended to assist the public. The content on these company websites is not managed by the City of Portland and does not represent the views of the City of Portland.
- Portland City Code defines "Downtown Core" as: "The area to the west of the Willamette River shall be bounded on the North by NW Irving, except that at the intersection of NW Irving and NW Station Way it shall be bounded on the North by NW Station Way to NW Broadway and then by NW Broadway south to NW Irving and continuing west on NW Irving to the Stadium (I-405) Freeway, on the West and South by the Stadium (I-405) Freeway and on the East by the Willamette River. The area to the east of the Willamette River shall be bounded on the West by North Interstate Avenue, on the North by NE Multnomah to 125 feet east of 13th Avenue, on the East by 13th Avenue and on the South by NE Holladay."
File a complaint