Summer Bicycle Parking Corral Counts
The City of Portland conducted summer bike parking counts May through October 2010 as a means to collect valuable data to understand:
- how the bike corrals are currently performing
- which corrals are already over capacity and which corrals are under performing
- if bike corrals are successful in reducing the number of bikes parked to nearby poles,
- Coupled with counts conducted in future years, how demand changes over time.
The plan: volunteers ‘adopt' a corral for six months (May through October) and once a month take a count of the number of bikes in and around the corral and take a few photos.
Each month volunteers fill out a bike parking count form, take a photo, and then return them to the City by the end of the month.
- link to the Count Form (pdf)
- link to the Count Form (Word doc)
- link to Summer Count Instructions (pdf)
For more information contact:
By phone: (503) 823-0805
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org