The routes shown on the map below utilize the end of the Hillsboro MAX line as the starting point. Just pay the usual fare to bring your bike aboard; it's fast & easy!
- For the basic information on bringing your bike on the MAX, click here.
- To see a map of where the MAX light rail goes click here.
- If you want to ride your bike from Portland to Hillsboro, click herefor a recommended route.
- ROUTE 1 - to Astoria via Vernonia : Hillsboro to Vernonia (map 1)
- ROUTE 1 - to Astoria via Vernonia : Vernonia to Astoria (map 2)
- ROUTE 2 - to Tillamook via the Wilson River : Banks to Tillamook
- ROUTE 3 - to 3 Capes via the Nestucca River : Hillsboro to Carlton (map 1)
- ROUTE 3 - to 3 Capes via the Nestucca River : Carlton to Beaver/ Hwy. 101 (map 2)
For additional information on routes and conditions for cyclists between Portland & the Oregon Coast, consult the Oregon Bike Guide & the Oregon Coast Bike Map.