Go to the electronic parking meter (SmartMeter paystation) nearest your vehicle.
|1. Insert credit card, debit card or coin and follow the on-screen instructions.|
|2. Add time using the Max, 1 hour and 15 minute buttons.|
|3. Purchase time and print receipt using the green print button.|
|4. Display the receipt in your curbside window seal.|
- Paystations are located on each side of the street on each block if possible. Paystations can serve all nearby spaces, even across the street or around the corner.
- If a paystation is broken, please use another one near you, but only for the maximum time limit where you are parked.
- Maximum time limit, rate and hours of operation are posted on the paystation, including on the electronic display.
- You may pay by credit card, debit card, or coin. You may mix payment of card and coin in one transaction.
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express and the City’s Smart Card are accepted. Smart Cards are not currently available for purchase, only for reloading.
- Bills are not accepted.
- There is a 15-minute minimum purchase.
- You may use your receipt at another parking space in the same meter district until your time expires.
- Receipts must be placed inside the vehicle's curbside window and not on the window facing the street, with the date and time facing out. Receipts are easily displayed between the window and the rubber window seal at the top and bottom of the window in most vehicles.
- Motorcycles and scooters should have receipts secured on or near the seat. Click here for more information about motorcycle and scooter parking.
- When parking in an angled space, place the receipt on the driver’s side window.