Zone L parking permits returns for Timbers' 2012 season
Parking rules in effect on Timbers game days only
If you are receiving this communication, it is likely you live, work or own property in a parking permit area northwest of Jeld-Wen Field called Zone L. The Portland Bureau of Transportation established Zone L in 2000 as part of a good neighbor agreement to limit the impacts of Timbers’ game day parking on the neighborhood.
With the beginning of the 2012 Timbers season approaching, now is the time to apply for a free parking permit. Parking on game days will be time restricted. However with a permit you are not affected by the 90 minute visitor time limit. The Timbers season begins on February 27, 2012. Apply for your permit now.
Zone L Basics
- The purpose of Zone L is to discourage Timbers fans from parking in the neighborhood during matches so residents, customers, and employees have access to on-street parking.
- Scheduled Timbers game days (game dates are subject to change without notice):
- Please check the timbers website for current dates and times-http://www.portlandtimbers.com/scheduleZone L rules are in effect on Timbers game days only. Visitors withouta Zone L permit are allowed to park on the street for no more than 90 minutes on game days.
- February 27
- March 1, 4, 12 and 31
- April 7 and 21
- May 5, 20 and 26
- June 24
- July 3,14 and 28
- August 5, 25 and 31
- September 15 and 29
- October 27
- The city will issue a free parking permit to qualifying residents and businesses.
- Permit holders must display this permit according to instructions found on the permit to avoid citation.
- Displaying the permit allows the permit holder to park longer than the 90 minute game day limit.
- Zone L applies to the area within W Burnside, NW Westover, NW 24th, NW Irving and the west side NW 18th.
- The permit program applies to on-street parking only. Private off-street parking is not affected by Zone L.
- Please note that certain areas of Zone L are more restricted than the 90 minute game day limit. Permit holders are expected to follow all posted rules which may include, No Parking, Truck Loading Zone, Taxi Zone, 15 or 30 minute spaces, 1 or 2 hours zones.
- Those who reside, work or own property within the Zone L boundary may apply for a parking permit.
- Residents who have visitors wanting to park longer than 90 minutes on game days may get a guest permit or purchase temporary parking passes in advance from the Bureau of Transportation. A pack of 10 passes is available for $3.
- Timbers fans and Jeld-Wen Field visitors are discouraged from parking on area streets to attend a match.
- Violators of the 90-minute time limit are subject to a $60 parking citation.
- Apply today using the Zone L permit application enclosed with this letter or download an application using the following link: http://www.portlandonline.com/transportation/index.cfm?c=39277
- Please read the instructions, fill in the appropriate information, sign and date the bottom and return the document as soon as possible.
To report a potential parking violation, call Parking Enforcement at 503-823-5195. Voicemails are checked and representatives available during the following times: Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Sunday, 3:15 p.m. to 5 p.m. At all other times please call Police non-emergency at 503-823-3333
For more information, call the Portland Bureau of Transportation at 503-823-5185. You may also email questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.