Volunteer for the event and show off your cause to 20,000 people
City of Portland Sunday Parkways presented by Kaiser Permanente invites you and your organization to “own” an intersection at the next event. You have the opportunity to bring your cause to life to over 20,000 event participants.
- You make the intersection as exciting and inviting as you want.
- You have a space for a canopy and a table. Do what you can to entice people to hear your message as they are enjoying the open Sunday Parkways streets.
- Bring along a team of volunteers, staff members, supporters and maybe a big mascot. Cheering people on the course is fun and gets their attention.
- People love freebies. Hand out healthy snacks. Let them make their own Sunday Parkways art. Take their photo. Create a reason for people to stop their bikes and engage with you.
In exchange, you can help us with our #1 biggest need of the event - Intersection Superhero volunteers. Every single intersection along the course must be monitored by a volunteer. The job is simple, but important – we must help out neighbors who are affected by the closed streets.
- The main responsibility is helping neighbors in cars get on or off the closed street.
- Your organization must agree to monitor the intersection for both volunteer shifts (9:45am-4:30pm).
- One person on your team per shift must be trained as an Intersection Superhero, must wear the Sunday Parkways t-shirt identifying them as an Intersection Superhero, and must prioritize the needs of Sunday Parkways over all needs of your organization.
- All other people on your team are welcome to enjoy the event, wear your organization’s t-shirts, engage with the public and spread the cheer of your organization far and wide.
Sign up today if you are interested.
To sign up or ask questions, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator: