A fun and challenging volunteer position in Portland’s premier community event
Axiom Event Productions seeks energetic and qualified volunteers to assist the Sunday Parkways staff in coordinating the information booths at five Sunday Parkways events.
Each of the five Parkways events brings activities, games, food vendors, entertainers, and more into Marketplaces along the route. Each of the Marketplaces has an information booth where volunteers hand out information and maps, collect donations, distribute surveys, and answer any questions participants may have.
The Info Booth Coordinator will supervise a single information booth, leading its full set up and manage for the first shift. This position will supervise the volunteers assigned to the info booth. Additionally, the Info Booth Coordinator will assess and address problems, and communicate with the Event Managers to ensure a smooth event.
- Set up the information booth with collateral, supplies, equipment and visual materials
- Work at the information booth giving out information and answering questions to Sunday Parkways participants
- Coordinate all volunteers assigned to the info booth
- Close the event, take down and pack all supplies
- Communicating with the Route Manager and PBOT staff throughout the event
- Quickly and confidently solve event-related problems
- Be a cheerful ambassador for Sunday Parkways to event participants, volunteers, and the neighborhood
- Friendly and helpful leader focused on the coordination and support of your team
- Past volunteer experience as an Info Booth Volunteer
- Experience coordinating large-scale events
- Experience leading groups of volunteers
- Ability to communicate assertively and positively with the public
- Ability to make confident decisions in pressured situations
- Friendly, patient and energetic personality
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Own a cell phone with text capability
Dates and Locations
- May 10th – East
- June 21st – North
- July 26th – Northeast
- August 23rd – Southeast
- September 27th – Tilikum Crossing/Sellwood
- Park and Marketplace Coordinator
Length of Commitment
- 3 or more Sunday Parkways events
- Shift 1 - 8:30 am – 1:30 pm
- You may also work Shift 2 – 1:30-4:15 pm
- A single training session prior to the season and then an event overview before each event.
To Apply, Contact: