Sure, it gets pretty wet in Oregon, but with a little extra preparation you can be an all-season cyclist. Join the Portland Bureau of Transportation’s Portland by Cycle and Women on Bikes programs for free clinics and rides that demonstrate the ease, convenience, and joy of cycling 12 months a year.
- All Season Cycling clinic - an interactive session as experienced riders share their tips and techniques for staying dry, comfortable and safe while riding all year 'round. Wednesday, Sept 25th - 700 NE Multnomah St., 3rd floor @ 6:30 pm
- Gear Up for Winter clinics (Women only!) - Now that you have mastered summer cycling, learn helpful hints on winter gear, riding techniques and bike upkeep. Saturday, Sept 7th - PSU Bike Hub, 1818 SW 6th Ave @ 10 am – noon.
- Autumn Adventure ride - Celebrate the cooler weather on a 25-mile ride round-trip along the Springwater Corridor to Oregon City. Saturday, Sept 21st - Fire Station 21, Eastbank Esplanade, under northeast side of Hawthorne Bridge @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
The following “Autumn Ride” series of bike rides start at 10 am and last about two hours. We'll ride rain or shine for 8 - 10 miles:
- Explore Southwest Portland - We'll climb a few more hills than usual to uncover the secrets of Southwest Portland and test our shifting skills. Saturday, Oct 19th - PSU Bike Hub, 1818 SW 6th Ave.
- Explore North Portland- This ride shows off an abundance of Neighborhood Greenways and hidden neighborhood treasures. Saturday, Oct 26th - Holladay Park, NE Multnomah St. and 12th Ave.
- Explore Southeast Portland - We'll use this ride to practice wet-weather riding, and see some unique corners of Portland. Saturday, Nov 16th - Universal Cycles, SE Ankeny St. and 22nd Ave.
- Explore Northeast Portland- Take a tour of Northeast's verdant parks while admiring fall colors or the pleasures biking through the rain. Saturday, Nov 23rd - Holladay Park, NE Multnomah St. and 12th Ave.