Street Seat Permit Renewal Instructions
Applicants who wish to renew existing Street Seat installations are required to complete a new application form each year. In addition, they must provide demonstration of continued community support for installation and drawings detailing any proposed design changes, if applicable.
1. The deadline for renewal of the Street Seat permit is the same as for new applications, April 1, 2014.
2. How to complete application package:
APPLICATION FORM. Renewal applicants need to fill out the same application form. Found here. http://www.portlandoregon.gov/transportation/article/469897
REQUIRED COMMUNITY SUPPORT & OUTREACH DOCUMENTATION. Application will need to include documentation of continued community support for the installation. This can be demonstrated in the form of:
- Written endorsement by local neighborhood association
- Written endorsement by local business association
- Letters of support from immediate neighbors
- Petition of support from customers and/or neighbors.
REQUIRED DESIGN DOCUMENT PACKAGE. If applicant is proposing ANY design changes (landscaping, lighting, cover, furniture changes, etc) attach a narrative describing possible changes and include any helpful photos or sketches. Site plans, elevations, sections, renderings, and design/constructions services information are NOT required unless major changes are being proposed.
CAFÉ SEATING PERMIT APPLICATION. Attach scanned demonstration of approved outdoor café seating permit, including the approved site plan of any sidewalk furniture. If you do not yet have a renewed Café Seating Permit for 2014, please contact Sidewalk Café Permit program by phone: 503-823-7002, Option 5, or Email: email@example.com
3. Send scanned application form and attachments by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Submit by the April 1, 2014 deadline
5. Permit fees are not due until approval of renewal request, prior to the Transportation Bureau reissuing the renewal permit.
|2014 Street Seat Permit Fees|
|Base fee for all applications||$500.00|
|Cafe seating permit for platform (if applicable)||$105/linear foot (typically $2100 for 1 parking space)|
|Lost meter revenue (if applicable)||~ $2,000-7,000, TBD based on location|
|Additional incurred costs (if applicable) (i.e. sign changes such as truck loading zone changes)|| ~ $150-$500, TBD based on location