The Northwest Parking Plan is being implemented from fall 2014 through fall 2015, as follows:
- The city identified optimal placement for individual pay stations, or meters, after carefully considering issues such as visibility and access.
- The city begins pouring the concrete forms that will eventually support the new pay stations.
- New Zone M signs are installed in the permit only area
- The new Zone M permit application process begins for residents and businesses.
- Zone M permit parking begins
- Meter installation finalized
- Final NWPDX Parking Studies Interim Report
- Next data collection and analysis
The map shows the boundaries and permit zones of the Northwest District, including:
Meter-only Parking Area
- Meter-only parking (no permits) will be installed along NW 21st and NW 23rd, from Burnside to NW Vaughn. About 80 percent of metered spaces will be for four hours, with the rest for two hours.
Meter and Permit Area
- Metered parking on other streets will offer four-hour stays. Four-hour meters, including those on NW 21st and NW 23rd, may be re-plugged. Residential streets will also have a 30-minute short-term space on each block face.
Expanded Permit Area
- If you currently have a Zone M permit, you do not need to do anything. Your current permit is valid until Sept. 1, 2015. If you are in the expanded Zone M permit area (north of NW Irving Street), you will need to purchase a permit by March 1, 2015.