phone: (503) 823-TREE (8733)
1900 SW 4th Avenue, Portland, OR 97201
**NEW FEE INCREASE FOR TREE REMOVAL/REPLANT PERMIT APPLICATION. The new fee will be $35 per application starting July 1st, 2016.**
TITLE 11 CODE CHANGES TO PRIVATE TREES IN DEVELOPMENT. Review the amendments to Title 11 including fee changes, preservation of trees over 36" and public notice requirements.
ELM TREE PRUNING MORATORIUM is effective from April 15th - October 15th due to the spread of Dutch Elm Disease (DED). To find out more about the moratorium, pruning restrictions and proper elm wood disposal procedures, click here.
Portland's tree code works to:
- Protect trees during development
- Preserve trees as a community asset
- Plant new trees when others are removed, ensuring that the urban forest and its benefits continue to grow
- Educate people about proper tree care and the benefits of trees
- Increase the resiliency of the urban forest in the face of threats such as climate change and tree pests