To appeal a Notice of Violation you must specifically address how Urban Forestry erred in applying the Title 11 code.
To appeal, fill out the Administrative Review Application; include supporting documents such as pictures or arborist report, and an application fee of $110 within 15 days of the written notice of violation. We ONLY accept the Administrative Review Application; no other appeal forms will be accepted.
What is the Administrative Review Process?
- If a City Tree Inspector has found a tree violation on a property. The Inspector will mail a Notice of Violation letter to the property owner or responsible party.
- The property owner or responsible party either follows through with the corrective action describe in the letter within the specified timeframe or appeal the decision IF they can prove that Urban Forestry erred in applying the Title 11 code. The Administrative Review Application must be received within 15 days of the violation notice.
- After Urban Forestry has received a completed Administrative Review Application by mail or in person the application will be time stamped the day received.
- The Administrative Review Application will be reviewed by a Supervisor. The Supervisor will investigate whether the violation was made in compliance with the code and provide a written notice of their decision to the applicant with 4 weeks from the date the application was received. The decision will either affirm the Tree Inspector’s decision or indicate how the finding of violation was made in error.
- If the finding of violation is upheld, the applicant may appeal the decision to the Code Hearings Officer by filling out an application and submitting a fee within 10 days of the administrative review decision. Hearings Office website.