Paying your bill automatically is easy.
To sign up, log in to your account, and select the Auto Pay button to enroll.
What is Auto Pay?
- Auto Pay is a convenient way to have your water and sewer bill automatically deducted from your checking or savings account or charged to your Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card. With Auto Pay you won't have to make individual online payments or write and mail a check each time you are billed, and you won't have to worry about late payments.
- Auto Pay is a service provided free of charge by the Portland Water Bureau.
- Auto Pay is safe and secure. We use the most up to date security measures to ensure the safety and security of your banking information.
How Does Auto Pay Work?
- Sign up for Auto Pay. After enrolling, please continue to pay your bill until your statement reads 'Do Not Pay.' That message on the bill payment stub will indicate your Auto Pay enrollment has been activated.
- When your enrollment is active, Auto Pay will either deduct the amount due on your next bill's due date from the bank account you identified or charge it to your Visa or MasterCard account.
- Automatic payments will continue until enrollment in Auto Pay expires or is cancelled or terminated.
- If you use a credit or debit card for Auto Pay, the card expiration date will also be the Auto Pay expiration date. Auto Pay will be terminated if a new expiration date is not provided.
- If an Auto Pay payment is returned by a financial institution due to an expired card or for any other reason a fee may be assessed.
- Once an Auto Pay payment is returned, the customer will have to reissue the payment either online, in the office, by mail or phone.
- Please note once the credit/debit card information has been updated, Auto Pay will not resume until the next billing statement.
- If a bank account is used for Auto Pay, your enrollment will not have an expiration date.
- If you use a savings account, be sure to verify the routing number for your savings account with your bank.
- You may cancel Auto Pay enrollment online, in writing or by calling us. Please allow one month to process your request.
- Auto Pay will be terminated if the bank, credit or debit card account provided during enrollment becomes invalid.
- View the Terms and Conditions.
Please Note: Only one Auto Pay agreement may be active per account at any one time. Even if multiple parties want to pay the bill, only one Auto Pay agreement can be set up.
How Do I Enroll?
To enroll online:
- Log into your account and click on the Auto Pay button.
- Read and agree to the Auto Pay Terms and Conditions.
- Click "Sign Me Up for Auto Pay."
- Complete the Auto Pay enrollment process by selecting the preferred payment method. Fill out the form and verify the information you entered.
- Click Submit. A confirmation page will display your enrollment information and a confirmation email will be sent to you.
To enroll by mail:
- Print, complete, sign and mail this form: Auto Pay Enrollment Form
- Enclose a voided check if you are enrolling using your checking account.
- As noted on the enrollment form, if using a savings account, include a signed letter from your bank providing the routing and account number for the savings account.