- Pick up a FREE water conservation kit at the Water Bureau’s first floor customer service center at 1120 SW 5th Avenue in downtown Portland. Walk-in service center hours are between 8:00am and 5:00pm Monday through Friday. Click here to see what is included in the kit.
- You can also order a customized "Energy Saver" Kit online from Energy Trust of Oregon. The kit includes water AND energy-saving products such as showerheads and faucet aerators to help you use less right away. Answer a few questions about your home and Energy Trust will create an Energy Saver Kit that will help you save energy and water in your home.To request a kit by phone call Energy Trust at 1.866.368.7878. Kits are available to customers of Portland General Electric, Pacific Power and NW Natural Gas. Limit one kit per address.
COMMERCIAL & MULTIFAMILY
- Faucet aerators: 0.5 gallons-per-minute (gpm) for dedicated hand wash faucets and 1.5 gpm for other rinsing and small filling operations.
- Toilet leak detection dye tablets.
- Toilet fill-cycle diverter: Equalize the filling time of the toilet bowl and tank to avoid water waste. Can save a 1/2 gallon per flush where needed.
- Showerheads: 1.5 gallons-per-minute
- Rain sensor: For automatic irrigation systems
- High-Efficiency Pre-Rinse Sprayer: For a limited time, commercial customers with kitchens can request a high efficiency Pre-Rinse Sprayer using about 1.0 gallon per minute (gpm) to replace any sprayer using more than 1.2 gpm. The current federal standard for pre-rinse sprayers is no more than 1.6 gpm. This high efficiency sprayer has had favorable feedback from kitchen staff and can annually save about 13,000 gallons or about $300 for daily use of 1 hour when replacing a 1.6 gpm model. Large kitchens may use a sprayer for 4 hours per day.
Incentive samples (limit one):
- Dual-flush Handle: For commercial flush valves using 1.6 gallons per flush (gpf)
- Water saving 2.4 gpf toilet diaghragm kit: For older toilets using 3.5 gpf or more.
- Water saving 0.5 gpf urinal diaphragm kit: For urinals using 1.0 gpf or more