Over the weekend and well into next week, Portlanders will experience record-breaking high temperatures. The Portland Water Bureau encourages Portlanders to stay hydrated and keep your body temperature down during the heat.
Tips for staying hydrated:
- Keep a bottle of water with you during the day. Consider carrying a reusable water bottle and filling it from the tap rather than purchasing bottled water, which is expensive and creates plastic bottle waste.
- If plain water does not interest you, try adding a slice of lemon or lime to your drink.
- If you’re going to be exercising, make sure you drink water before, during and after your workout.
- Start and end your day with a glass of water.
- Drink on a schedule if you have trouble remembering to drink water. For example, drink water when you wake up; at breakfast, lunch and dinner; and when you go to bed. Or drink a small glass of water at the top of each hour.
- Drink water when you go to a restaurant. Not only does it keep you hydrated, but it’s free!
Community Information & Involvement
Join the Portland Water Bureau's Online Community!
Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook. See us on Flickr