If you're interested in joining an award-winning public utility where employees thrive on the pride of delivering a life-essential product with world class customer service, the Portland Water Bureau might be just the place for you. The Portland Water Bureau is a recognized leader in the utility industry. We've achieved this success by investing in the very best people and empowering them to find new and better ways to meet our customer's needs.
The Portland Water Bureau currently employs approximately 600 people. All current job postings with the City of Portland are posted online, and updated weekly. We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Current Jobs Available at the Water Bureau
- Closing Date/Time: Mon. 08/18/14 4:30 PM Pacific Time
- Salary: $25.51 - $32.98 Hourly
- Job Type: Full Time
- Location: Bull Run, Sandy River Facility, 10991 SE Lusted Rd, Sandy OR 97055, Oregon
- The Position: The Water Treatment Operator II will operate, maintain, and repair chemical handling, water treatment and water conveyance equipment for the City's water supply.
- Additional Job Information/Apply: Start here
- Questions: Contact Chaunci King, Senior Human Resources Analyst with the Bureau of Human Resources, at Chaunci.firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-823-4034.
Water Quality Assistant
2014-2015 Student Employee, Off-Campus/College Work Study Program
- Pay: $11.00 Hourly
- Job Type: Flexible hours between 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Hours are typically about 10 hours a week during the school year.
- Location: 1900 N. Interstate Ave., Portland, OR 97227
- Transit: Within a half mile of the work location there are five bus lines (4, 17, 35, 44, and 85), the CL Streetcar Line, and the MAX Yellow Line. Description of
- Assist in conducting research to understand impact of bureau operations on drinking water quality
- Assist in use of data management tools to provide water quality statistics and reports for the public and drinking water regulators.
- Routine duties including data entry and checking, copying and faxing, driving a city vehicle, and fulfilling ad hoc requests for data, graphs, and information.
- Technical background in one or more of these areas; environmental science, engineering, chemistry, biology, microbiology or geology.
- Basic computer skills including using MS Excel for graphs
- Good writing ability
- Ability to learn and ability to work independently
- Valid Driver's License and good driving record.
- Work Study Positions are open and available only for students with college Work Study grants approved by a college Financial Aid Office.
- Apply: To apply, contact Kim Gupta at 503-823-7642.