The Portland Water Bureau would like more public input and feedback about the project in Washington Park that will replace Reservoir 3 with a 15-million gallon underground reservoir and update Reservoir 4 as an overflow and storm water retention tank, including a de-chlorination facility.
While the first of three public open houses was held on Thursday, July 25, there will be more opportunities for you to get involved, including viewing the first open house presentation and displays online.
- Join us at Community Sounding Board Meetings: Portland Water Bureau has convened a “Sounding Board” of neighborhood association representatives, community groups, and park users to also offer advice on some of the design elements for the two reservoir sites. The meetings are open to the public and public comment is taken at each meeting. All meetings will be held at the First United Methodist Church, 1838 SW Jefferson, Room 202.
- Community Sounding Board #1 – Tuesday, July 16th from 5:30 – 8:00 pm
- Community Sounding Board #2 – Tuesday, August 6th from 6:00 – 8:00 pm
- Community Sounding Board #3 – Tuesday, August 20th from 6:00 – 8:00 pm
- Community Sounding Board #4 – Wednesday, September 18th from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Community Sounding Board #5 – Wednesday, October 2nd from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Community Sounding Board #6 – Wednesday, October 30th from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Community Sounding Board #7 – Wednesday, January 15th from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Community Briefings over the summer: Portland Water Bureau staff will the giving presentations at neighborhood association meetings and talking to people at community events. These briefings will continue into the early fall. Check back on the Portland Water Bureau’s Water Blog and here on the project webpage for a complete list of opportunities to participate and provide your feedback.
- Join the Mailing List: To be notified of upcoming public meetings and other outreach opportunities, please email Tim Hall, Public Information, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call at 503-823-6926.