The Portland Water Bureau will lead outreach and public information efforts on this project, with support from the project contractors' public information professionals.
The public information objectives for this project include:
- Educate the public about the purpose, needs, challenges, opportunities and objectives of the new river crossing.
- Identify needs, accommodations, and concerns of adjacent property owners, immediate neighbors, the two affected neighborhoods, area businesses, and other interest groups and stakeholders.
- Convey any opportunities and constraints that may affect the Bureau or Contractor’s ability to meet the needs of the community and public.
- Convey information to the larger public on traffic and access impacts that are a result of construction activities.
- Provide factual and clear information to a broad range of parties to increase public awareness and knowledge of the Willamette River Crossing project, Portland Water Bureau, and, as appropriate, other issues facing the city's water system.
More information will be posted as the project proceeds. Contact Terry Black at 503-823-1168 for questions.