GENERAL INFORMATION: 503-823-7404
1120 SW Fifth Ave, Suite 600, Portland, OR 97204
With the temperature on the chilly side, thinking about water (the non-frozen variety) isn't high on the agenda for most people. But we always need drinking water — and clean drinking water at that.
In Portland we are blessed with an abundance of water that most of us take for granted. This is the season of thinking about what we will do in the new year to be and do better. How about reducing your water footprint? Here are a few suggestions:
· Install high efficiency showerheads to reduce waste — save up to 1 gallon per minute.
· Limit showers to five minutes.
· Consider upgrading to a water and energy efficiency washing machine.
· Run your dishwasher only when it's full.
· Replace your older toilet with a WaterSense-labeled High-Efficiency toilet that uses 1.28 gallons per flush or less.
· Give up bottled water — it takes 1.85 gallons of water just to manufacture the plastic for one 12-ounce bottle..
Let’s all work together for water efficiency in 2016. Make your New Year’s resolution today!