LGBTQ & Friends Affinity Group
LGBTQ & Friends Affinity Group: To create a supportive environment to exchange information, ideas, and challenges to City of Portland’s Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, Questioning and Queer employees. The group will partner with the City to advocate on behalf of LGBTQ employees, and develop ways to attract, support and retain LGBTQ employees.
LGBTQ & Friends Leadership Team:
Please email DEEP@portlandoregon.gov if you have questions.
Check out the new video sponsored by Portland Parks & Recreation: Equity and Inclusion Workshop: Social Justice as it applies to race, gender and sexuality.
The links shown at the end of the video are here:
- sankofanw.org - (Formerly PFLAG Portland Black Chapter), a home for Portland’s Black LGBTQ community
- transstudent.org - A youth-led organization dedicated to transforming the educational environment for trans and gender nonconforming students through advocacy and empowerment
- blackpdx.com - The local chapter of the Official #BlackLivesMatter Organization
- surjpdx.org - A Portland-based group focused on educating, organizing and mobilizing white people to work for racial justice
- westernstatescenter.org – An organization whose mission is to connect and build the power of community organizations to challenge and transform individuals, organizations and systems to achieve racial, gender and economic justice
- pdxqcenter.org – A center dedicated to providing a safe space to support and celebrate LGBTQ diversity, equity, visibility and community building
- safetypinbox.com - A monthly subscription box for white people striving to be allies in the fight for Black Liberation