The City of Portland has Flood Insurance Rate Maps on file for your reference in making map determinations for any property within the Portland city limits. Bureau of Development Services staff can assist you with the following information upon request:
- Information about whether a property is located within a FEMA mapped Special Flood Hazard (SFHA) Area.
- Flood insurance rating information such as Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) zone, panel number, suffix, panel date, index date and regulatory base flood elevation.
- FEMA elevation certificate if available. The City of Portland has elevation certificates available for some properties within the SFHA and will provide copies upon request.
- Regulatory provisions that may apply to the property in question.
- If available, whether the property has ever suffered flood damage. You can view floodplain maps at: http://www.portlandmaps.com/. Type in an address and click the "search" button. When the description of your property comes up, click the "Public Safety" tab below your property description and scroll down to the "Hazard" section to see if your property is in or near a FEMA Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA).
For information on any of the above items, please contact the Bureau of Development Services at:
1900 SW 4th Avenue, 1st floor
Portland, OR 97201
Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRM) are also available from the Multnomah County Library system. Please note that the City of Portland only provides floodplain map information assistance and not actual map determinations for the purposes of requiring flood insurance required under the National Flood Insurance reform Act of 1994. That is the responsibility of the lender.