Construction on the new playground, pathways, and public art will start the week of May 13, 2019, with expected completion in Fall 2019. During construction, the playground will be closed, but the rest of the park will be open for play during construction, including the sport fields, tennis courts, and skate park.
During the closure, other nearby playgrounds include Hancock Park (NE 90th Avenue and Tillamook Street), Rose City Park (NE 62nd Avenue and Tillamook Street), and Wellington Park (NE 66th Avenue and Mason Street).
- NE Siskiyou Street will be the main entrance point for construction traffic. The street and sidewalk will stay open. At times, the contractor may need to temporarily block sidewalk access to enter the site and bring in deliveries.
- Access from the west entry path near NE 78th Avenue will be closed. We suggest entering the park at NE 77th Avenue and Alameda Street to reach the tennis court and softball field.
- Access from the east entry near NE 80th Avenue will be open.
- The restrooms will be open, unless water connections are needed which may require a short closure of the restrooms.
- A temporary wood chip path will be installed to allow a path to the restrooms from the baseball fields and tennis courts.
- Noise impacts: hours of work will follow City Code which allows for construction between 7am-6pm. The contractors on this project will typically work 7am-4pm, Monday-Friday. We ask them to limit weekend work without prior notice. Some of the earliest activities (grading, demolition, etc.) will be loudest, but later work such as concrete pouring will create some noise. If you observe work occurring outside of allowable hours, please notify the project manager (contact info below).
- We thank park users and neighbors for their patience during this project!
- The SUN School Lunch program will be hosted at Roseway Heights Middle School, 7334 NE Siskiyou Street, from June 17-August 9. More details here.
- Summer Free for All movies and concerts will be held at Wellington Park, NE 66th Avenue and Skidmore Street. More details here.
Other Nearby Construction Projects:
Glenhaven Park has some of the oldest play equipment in the parks system, dating back to the 1970s. Several play pieces were removed due to lead paint content. A new playground, ADA pathway improvements, and public art are coming to Glenhaven Park, thanks to funding from the Parks Replacement Bond and a contribution from System Development Charges.
Gary Datka, email@example.com, (503) 823-5574
Public Involvement Coordinator
Maija Spencer, firstname.lastname@example.org, (503) 823-5593
- Winter 2017/18 - Spring 2018: Project Set-up, Concept Development, and Public Involvement
- Focus Group with Community Members - February 22, 2018 - Read the meeting notes
- Community Open House #1 - April 3, 2018
- Community Open House #2 - April 28, 2018
- Summer 2018 - Fall 2018: Construction Documents
- Winter 2018/19 - Spring 2019: Permitting and Bidding
- May 2019 - Fall 2019: Construction
To receive project updates, sign up here.