Thanks to all 231 of you who chimed in via comments, email, or Facebook. The winners have been contacted directly. Just in case you were not sure, we hit 60 degrees (63 according to the Oregonian) on Thursday 3/31. Of course, we nailed it on Friday 4/1 - when we hit 68!
Here are some statistics on the guesses:
- 81 people correctly guessed 3/31.
- 29 of you guessed April Fool's Day
- 22 of you didn't guess, but chimed in with snarky, sarcastic comments. Keep 'em coming!
- 0 people guessed a date past 4/30 (I guess we don't have any true pessimists among you).
- However, we did have 6 people guess dates past 4/16! I'm hoping for a 70 degree day by then!
Thanks again for participating. Stay tuned for more good stuff on the blog...
We were perturbed to read in today's Oregonian that our fair city just broke a dubious record: This is "the longest stretch without a 60 degree day since record-keeping began at the airport in 1940," according to the O.
Following last year's June-uary, it looks like we're going to have another cold, wet spring. But we like to look on the bright side here at Commuter Central. So we're turning our wet, cool spring into a chance to win some schwag.
Just leave a comment or email us your prediction for when Portland will officially hit 60 degrees. If you're correct you'll have a chance to win an iTunes gift card or a Spring Blooms Eternal kit to get you ready for Portland's third best season (according to me). In the meantime, here is an image to get you cogitating on your guess.