(December 18, 2014) One of Portland’s continuing New Year’s Eve traditions is TriMet’s extended service and free rides after 8:00 p.m. That’s right, after 8:00 p.m. on New Year’s Eve, all trips on TriMet buses and MAX lines, and Portland Streetcar, are free of charge.
If you’re looking to stay out extra late while ringing in the New Year, here are MAX’s last trips for the wee hours of 2014/15:
Last MAX Trips on New Year’s Eve:
- The last Blue Line trips to Gresham leaves Pioneer Square at 3:12 a.m. and the last trip to Hillsboro leaves Pioneer Square North at 3:12 a.m.
- The last Yellow Line trip to Expo Center leaves Pioneer Courthouse/SW 6th at 3:10 a.m. and the last trip to Downtown Portland leaves Expo Center at 2:16 a.m. A Trip to Rose Quarter Transit Center and Ruby Junction/E 197th leaves Expo Center at 3:42 a.m.
- The last Green Line trip to Clackamas leaves from Pioneer Courthouse/SW 6th at 3:04 a.m. and the last trip to Downtown Portland leaves Clackamas Town Center Transit Center at 1:44 a.m.
- MAX Red Line trains will run on weekday schedules with shuttle buses carrying riders between Gateway Transit Center and Portland International Airport after train service ends as needed and until approximately 3:30 a.m.
- The last trip of the night to Portland International Airport leaves Pioneer Square South at 10:29 p.m. and the last trip of the night to Beaverton Transit Center leaves the airport at 11:49 p.m.
Buses and Portland Streetcar will run on weekday schedules on New Year’s Eve
On New Year’s Day, Thursday, January 1st, 2015 buses and MAX trains will run on Sunday schedules. Portland Streetcar will run on Saturday schedules on New Year’s Day.