Southwest In Motion
Southwest In Motion is a short-term refinement, prioritization and implementation strategy for planned active transportation investments in Southwest Portland. The final plan will identify a realistic 5-year active transportation action plan that provides basic walking and bicycling connectivity as well as access to transit improvements, where they are needed most.
- Coordination with active planning efforts, such as PedPDX, Portland's Citywide Pedestrian Plan, and Safe Routes To School Strategy and Project Planning.
- Coordination of past active transportation plans, networks and future projects. This includes the Portland Bicycle Plan for 2030, Southwest Urban Trails Plan and other citywide and neighborhood plans.
- Project list refinement. Changes to the project list may be needed to enhance network effectiveness and implementation feasibility.
- Evaluation and prioritization of the project list. The result will be a recommended set of short-term projects intended to enhance active transportation options across the Southwest district.
- Implementation planning. Strategic coordination between the recommended project lists and appropriate funding opportunities will support successful implementation of the plan.
This effort will be an important step towards setting near-term priorities and determining project readiness to more efficiently deliver pedestrian and bicycle improvements in Southwest Portland as opportunities emerge.