(Nov. 21, 2018) The Portland Bureau of Transportation advises people driving to Downtown Portland that all SmartPark garages will close at 11 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 21, for Thanksgiving Day and will re-open early Friday morning, Nov. 23. The City will not charge at the meters for on-street parking on Thanksgiving Day, and regular parking rates and hours at meters will apply Friday through Sunday.
SmartPark garages will re-open for Friday according to the following schedule and then will operate according to regular business hours:
SmartPark Garage Opening Times
- 3rd & Alder - SW 3rd Avenue and Alder Street - 12:01 a.m. Friday, Nov. 23
- 4th & Yamhill - SW 4th Avenue and Yamhill Street - 12:01 a.m. Friday, Nov. 23
- 10th & Yamhill - SW 10th Avenue and Yamhill Street - 12:01 a.m. Friday, Nov. 23
- 1st & Jefferson - SW 1st Avenue and Jefferson Street - 12:01 a.m. Friday, Nov. 23
- Naito & Davis - NW Naito Parkway and Davis Street - 12:01 a.m. Friday, Nov. 23
- O’Bryant Square - 808 SW Stark Street - Closed temporarily.
The six Portland Bureau of Transportation SmartPark parking garages include nearly 4,000 public parking spaces and serve shoppers, business clients and visitors to Downtown Portland. Contact Central Parking at (503) 790-9302 for questions related to SmartPark garage operating hours and rates or visit www.portlandoregon.gov/smartpark.
Traveling by public transit? Get step-by-step directions using TriMet's Trip Planner.
Planning to walk or bike to your holiday shopping? For walking and biking maps of Portland's Central City and beyond, visit www.portlandoregon.gov/transportation/maps and click here for a map of on-street bicycle corrals in Portland.