Deliver a transportation system that meets Portlanders’ expectations and lasts the longest for the least cost. Tell Portland about our progress and engage with the community about asset management.
- Define goals for asset performance and deliver outcomes that are achievable, measurable, sustainable, and contribute to the bureau’s progress in delivering “state of good repair.”
- Create strategies for investment that are informed by equity and prioritize communities of color in decisions made about asset reinvestment. Build partnership and trust with underserved communities by working together.
- to define and evaluate asset performance.
- Align the timing of maintenance to address the most critical priorities for the public and maximize return on the public’s investment.
- Report annually on asset conditions and the progress made toward “state of good repair” since the previous year.
- To enhance public trust, improve communication and transparency about the decisions and trade-offs when it comes to asset investment.
Indicators and Sample Measures
- Public Confidence
a. Voter and stakeholder support for key investment initiatives
b. Percent of maintenance that occurs in historically underserved communities
c. Percent of assets regulated by federal or state agencies that meet intended performance requirements