The Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) has developed an implementation strategy for active transportation projects east of 82nd Avenue. Over the year from November, 2010 to November, 2011, we gathered information from the East Portland community and analyzed project data to develop recommendations about which projects to build first to improve conditions for walking, biking, and taking transit. In the fall of 2011, we asked the community to comment on the draft strategy and we incorporated your ideas.
City Council adopted the strategy on April 18, 2012!
6 Year Status Update (Fall 2018)
PBOT and our agency partners now have allocated just over $255 million to East Portland in Motion (EPIM) project implementation and related projects. It is over $270 million when adding in various paving projects.
- This includes $130 M for Outer Powell
- This doesn’t include funding for the Division Transit Project
- This includes newly funded projects, in 2018:
- PBOT allocated $15 M of additional TSDCs towards unfunded EPIM projects, with $5 M more in match leverage ($20 M total). We continue to seek more leverage funds.
- Outer Stark funding from Build Portland, bringing the total to $20 M.
- Lents Town Center, Phase 2 from Build Portland, $7 M.
- Division Multi-modal Safety project, additional $2 M.
- 162nd Ave, $1 M
View maps of funded and completed maps (as of Fall 2018) .
5 1/2 Year Status Update (January 2018)
- In July 2017, the Oregon State Legislature allocated $110 Million towards the completion of Outer Powell Blvd as a part of the State Transportation Funding Bill. Outer Powell was included in EPIM. It is the #1 transportation priority for EPAP.
- Therefore, the City and agency partners now have allocated over $200 million to EPIM implementation.
- Roughly a quarter of EPIM projects are complete.
- Roughly half of EPIM projects are either fully funded and under way or partially funded and underway.
- Roughly a quarter of EPIM projects remain unfunded.
- Several additional projects have been funded and are underway in East Portland since EPIM
View two maps of completed and funded East Portland Projects, including many EPIM project as of February 2018.
View a list EPIM Projects and Current Implementation Status as of February 2018.
4 Year Status Update (Fall 2016)
PBOT staff conducts a status update on EPIM implementation. This status report is updated periodically. It was last updated in Fall 2016 to reflect recent funding awards. Here is a summary of the findings:
- The City and agency partners has allocated over $90 million to EPIM implementation between 2012 and 2019.
- This amount includes roughly $25 Million in funding secured by Representative Shemia Fagan and the East Portland delegation for SE 136th Ave, Outer Powell Blvd and crossing safety improvements throughout East Portland.
- Well over half of the EPIM projects will be completed, in design or funded for implementation by 2019.
- Over 8 miles of sidewalk have been built.
- 36 enhanced crossings have been completed.
- Nearly 9 miles of neighborhood greenways have been established.
- More sidewalks, crossings and neighborhood greenways are funded and on the way.
View a map of completed and funded projects as of Fall 2016.
For More Information
Contact April Bertelsen, email@example.com, 503-823-6177