Sunday Parkways Trash Talkers literally talk to people about trash! Volunteers make sure that food vendors and Sunday Parkways participants understand how to properly dispose of containers, food waste, cans, bottles, and other waste generated from the events. We want to make sure that Sunday Parkways is as green as possible, and one way to do that is to minimize compostable and recyclable items that end up going to landfills. That’s where we need your help!
- Supervise the recycling/compost station(s) and assist parkways patrons in their recycling and composting actions
- Educate Parkways patrons on what can and cannot be recycled/composted
- Maintain the recycling/composting station (replacing bags when full and keeping the area neat and clean)
- Stroll around the park collecting stray recyclables and have fun taking in the sights and sounds of Parkways.
- Be cheerful, energetic, and communicative
- Understand and follow directions given by a Parkways Green Team Member
- Be able to lift 10-15 pounds (replacing bags when full and transporting to central bins)
- Be at least 18 years old or accompanied by an adult
- Each shift lasts no more than 4 hours, but you may sign up for more than one
- You’ll receive an in-person training by a Parkways Green Team Member prior to your shift
- You’ll be provided with a Sunday Parkways volunteer t-shirt, gloves, name badge, sunscreen, snacks, and water
- You must supply your own water bottle and weather-appropriate clothing
I'M INTERESTED, HOW DO I GET INVOLVED?
Have questions? Contact Alexis at 503-823-4414 or PortlandSundayParkways@portlandoregon.gov
What is Sunday Parkways? https://www.portlandoregon.gov/transportation/46103