1800 SW 6th Ave, Suite 550, Portland, OR 97201
We’ve had a tremendous response to our Trivia Quiz! Many thanks to those who took the quiz, and to everyone else who have helped us celebrate Oregon Archives Month by supporting the work that archives and archivists do! The quiz is now closed. The answers are posted below including the corrected question #1. That question will be tossed out of the mix, so folks who answered questions 2-9 correctly will be entered into a drawing for a free scan. We will contact the winner directly early next week.
2015 Trivia Quiz and Answers
1. The Orange line is the most recent light rail to open. In what year did Portland’s Eastside light rail service begin?
2. Portland’s first replica Liberty Bell was blown up in 1970. Where was the bell located when the explosion occurred?
3. Dorothy Elmore was the first African American woman to earn the rank of police captain. In what year did this occur?
4. 2015 marks the 55th anniversary of which Portland landmark?
The Lloyd Center
5. The City Police force replaced the City Marshal’s office 145 years ago. When the new police headquarters was completed in 1872, where was it located?
SW 2nd and Oak
6. Portland contains many formerly incorporated towns; which of these areas was not previously incorporated?
7. Which mayor declared the week of December 3, 1979 Star Trek Week?
8. Where is the Park Bureau’s Coe Circle located?
SE 39th & Glisan
9. In 1891 Columbia Park became a Portland park as a result of the consolidation of the Cities of Albina, East Portland and Portland. It was not until 1902 that it was given its current name. What was the park’s name prior to 1902?
Please send any questions to email@example.com
Thank you again for participating and happy archives month!