Portland Public Works Permit Process
STEPS 4 & 5 – Final Plans & Stamped Plans
During these last steps in the Public Works Permit process, your team prepares the Final Plans for your public works improvements. These engineered plans include all necessary details about your development site and final public improvement design requirements, as well as all standard City details needed to construct them.
When corrections are requested, an 'interim review' submittal is required. At the successful end of plan review, the city will sign off on your Final Plans and request signed and stamped plans for City signature (see Step 5 below).
CAUTION: Make sure that the forms and plans that you file are complete and accurately reflect your previously-reviewed development objectives, design concepts and development plans. The City will charge you additional fees if you need to request additional meetings to complete this step in the permitting process.
Step 4 - Final Plan Submittal:
- Final Plan Submittal - (online form)
- Interim Submittal - revisions required after initial Final Plan submittal (online form)
Step 5 - Stamped Plan Submittal (aka 'vellums'):
Once Final Plans are approved, submit plans as follows:
- Hard-copy, wet-ink signature, stamped plan set, printed on 20# or 24# 'vellum' style paper. Send hard-copy via US Mail to:
Public Works Permitting - 1900 SW 4th Avenue, Suite 5000, Portland, OR 97201
- Email a PDF of the vellum plan sheets to email@example.com. If file size is too big to email, use a document sharing application to email a link to the plans.
- If the project includes signals and street lighting improvements, submit a digital copy of associated special provisions following the City of Portland's Standard Construction Specifications. Please ask for assistance, if you are unfamiliar with the preparation of special provisions.