Portland Public Works Permit Process
STEPS 4 & 5 – Final Plans & Stamped Plans
During these final steps in the public works permit process, you and your development team prepare the final plans for your public works improvements. These engineering plans should include all necessary details about your development site and final public improvement design requirements, as well as all standard City details needed to construct them.
If there are remaining technical issues that need to be addressed, the City may request a final check of the plans before final approval (this can often be done via electronic submittal). At the successful end of plan review, the city will sign off on your final plans and request signed and stamped plans for City signature.
CAUTION: Make sure that the forms and plans that you file are complete and accurately reflect your previously-reviewed development objectives, design concepts and development plans. The City will charge you additional fees if you need to request additional meetings to complete this step in the permitting process.
Step 4 - Final Plan Submittal: NOW ONLINE! DO NOT SUBMIT PAPER COPIES
- Final Plan Submittal - (online form)
- Interim Submittal - revisions required after initial Final Plan submittal (online form)
Step 5 - Stamped Plan Submittal (aka 'vellums'):
Once Final Plans are approved, submit hard-copy, stamped plans as follows:
- Hard-copy, wet-ink signature plan set, on 20# or 24# 'vellum' style paper.
- CD with PDF of the vellum plan sheets or email submittal to firstname.lastname@example.org by download on an FTP-style share-drive site (must say Plan Submittal or File Transfer in subject line). Try not to attach PDF's in Email (the file size may be too big)
- If the project include signals and street lighting improvements, submit both a hard-copy and a digital copy of associated special provisions following the 2010 City of Portland Standard Construction Specifications. Please ask for assistance, if you are unfamiliar with the preparation of special provisions.