REFERENDUM PETITIONS - GENERAL INFORMATION
- Required signatures of active voters - 17,183
- Petitioners must file their petitions for signature verification within 30 days of the Council action.
- Per City Code Section 2.02.040 E., emergency ordinances are not subject to referendum
- Referendum procedures are available via Elections website
- 10/01/03 - Petition filed
- 10/02/03 - City has decided the ordinance is not subject to referendum because the City Council passed it as an emergency ordinance.
Chief Petitioners - Eric D. Dickman & Floy E. Jones
Text of Ordinance No. 177937 (PDF document, 385 KB)