Skip to Main Content View Text-Only

The City of Portland, Oregon

Auditor Simone Rede

Promoting open and accountable government

Do political consultants only working on behalf of a measure sponsored by a City elected official need to register and report their activities?

No. Political consultants do not need to submit registration reports (form 2.14A or 2.14B) if they are only providing political consulting services for City-referred measures. If they are providing political consulting services in support of the candidacy of a City elected official, successful candidate for City office or either individual’s candidate campaign committee registered with the Secretary of State, both types of campaign services (measure and candidacy) need to be disclosed. 

City elected officials, however, must disclose both types of political consulting services on form 2.14D.