To help slow the spread of COVID-19 and limit exposure for vulnerable populations, the City Auditor’s Office implemented strategies to limit person-to-person contact. Most staff members are now working remotely, with limited staff remaining to ensure essential services are still provided. These measures will affect how community members and City of Portland staff access our services. However, at this time all Auditor’s Office services remain available.
The following changes are effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020.
Archives & Records Management (1800 SW 6th Avenue, Suite 550 – CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC)
• The Research Room is closed for research. Please call 503-865-4100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions. We will work to respond using the resources available through Efiles. You can also visit our online resources by visiting https://www.portlandoregon.gov/archives/51811.
• For city employees: We are suspending our records retrieval for offices and we are not currently accepting new boxes. If you have a records emergency, please contact PARC.
• All Audit Services staff will be working remotely. If you call (503) 823-4005, we will respond as quickly as we can.
• The Fraud Hotline is still available by phone or email.
• City Hall is currently closed to the public.
• Portland City Council meetings are being held remotely via teleconference. More information about participation and providing public testimony can be found on our agenda webpage: www.portlandoregon.gov/auditor/councilagenda.
• Access the live audio stream: An audio stream with closed captioning will be available via the City's YouTube channel at www.portlandoregon.gov/video and the meetings are also cablecast on CityNet, Portland Community Media television. Watch live on Xfinity channels 30 and 330 (in HD) and CenturyLink channels 8005 and 8505 (in HD).
• Provide public testimony: All testimony for Council agenda items can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to the following address:
1221 SW 4th Avenue, Room 130
Portland, OR 97204
• The agenda and other important Council records can be found at www.portlandoregon.gov/auditor/councilagenda
• Community members and city employees are encouraged to contact the Council Clerk via email or by phone at (503) 823-4082.
Elections/Lobbyist Registration (1221 SW 4th Ave, Suite 130 – CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC)
• The Elections Office is available by email, phone, and by accessing information on the website: www.portlandoregon.gov/auditor/elections
• The last day to file for office was March 10, 2020 and the official registry of candidates is available to view on the City’s Elections website.
• Information on Voters' Pamphlet paperwork, deadlines, and requirements can be found at www.multco.us/elections
• We are not currently accepting in-person complaints. All our employees are working remotely.
• Community members can still file complaints via phone at 503-823-0146 and leaving a voicemail message or online. We will return voicemail messages within 24 hours.