Request for Information to Law Firms and Attorneys
The Portland City Auditor’s Office on occasion uses outside counsel for advice, analysis, and drafting in a variety of legal areas. The office is seeking to broaden its pool of qualified attorneys or law firms that may be interested in providing these project-based outside legal services. Qualified respondents to this solicitation will be added to a pool of attorneys. The Auditor’s Office will contact attorneys from the pool as needs arise. This is not an offer or a solicitation for offers to enter into a contract.
The Auditor’s Office seeks a diverse pool of respondents with experience in one or more of the following areas:
• public sector employment and labor law;
• Oregon municipal law and governance;
• state and local campaign finance and elections law;
• open meetings and public records; and
• government procurement.
Services may be provided remotely and respondents outside the Portland area are welcome. Responses should not exceed five pages, and should contain the following information:
A simple cover letter:
• Briefly describing the responding firm or lawyer;
• Identifying relevant area(s) of subject matter experience;
• Highlighting any relevant experience; and
• Designating a contact person and providing their name, phone number, and email address.
A list of the primary lawyers who may provide services to the Auditor’s Office, and for each lawyer the following information:
• Years of experience.
• Relevant substantive areas of expertise. (This should include at least one of the areas listed above and may include additional areas of experience to be considered.)
• A brief summary of relevant experience.
A schedule of hourly rates for attorneys and support staff.
Responses should be sent by email to AuditorsOffice@PortlandOregon.gov by no later than January 29, 2021, at 5:00 p.m., with the email subject line “Attorney RFI.”
Potential respondents are encouraged to contact Bridget Donegan, City Auditor’s Office General Counsel, for more information. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-865-6659.