We audit to promote effective, efficient, equitable, and fully accountable
City government for the public benefit.
Independence ◊ Impact ◊ Objectivity ◊ Innovation ◊ Civic-mindedness
Goal 1: Issue timely, relevant, impactful audits
Goal 1 Objectives:
• Audit topics that matter.
• Analyze for equitable outcomes.
• Use innovative approaches.
• Improve follow up and reporting on audit recommendations.
Goal 2: Inform audit work by ongoing engagement with the community
Goal 2 Objectives:
• Incorporate community perspectives in our audit work.
• Build ongoing connections to community groups.
Goal 3: Communicate our results and our role
Goal 3 Objectives:
• Create compelling products targeted to specific audiences.
• Develop new ways to communicate audit work to non-traditional audiences.
Goal 4: Strengthen team capacity and job satisfaction
Goal 4 Objectives:
• Ensure staff have the technology and training to do an excellent job.
• Improve project team effectiveness.
• Develop a culture of open, constructive feedback.