Skip to Main Content View Text-Only

The City of Portland, Oregon

Development Services

From Concept to Construction

Phone: 503-823-7300


1900 SW 4th Ave, Portland, OR 97201

More Contact Info

Project Submittal

FPP Commercial ConstructionInformation on project submittals and applications for Electrical & Plumbing trade permits may be made directly to the inspector by phone or fax. For information on how to contact your inspector, please refer to "Contact Information".

To find out which Inspection Team Member is assigned to the building you will be working in, please refer to the "Customer and Building List". Once you know which team is assigned to you building, you are welcome to contact them and they will assist you in determining the required information needed to authorize your construction project.

What information should be on your plans at the time of submittal?

  • Site Plan: When there is outside work; for example (changes to the roof or on the roof, creating a new opening on an outside wall)
  • Floor plans: A floor plan, also known as a plan view, is what you would see if you were to look straight down at a floor with the roof or floors above removed. You will need to provide one floor plan for each level of the building on which work is being done.
  • Elevation views
  • Cross section drawings
  • Architectural and/or Structural "Approval" stamps: We do not deem the plans complete without the approval stamp

Your plans must clearly show all the work you intend to do on the building as well as the existing conditions. In some cases, we will need the plans to show where the building sits on your property in relationship to property lines and other buildings on the site.

How many sets of plans are required upon application for permit?

  • Three (3) sets of plans and a completed "Facility Permit Plan Intake Form – FILLABLE"
  • One (2) sets of Structural Calculations (Stamped by the Engineer of Record)
  • One (1) Project Manual (IF NECESSARY)
    • Plans must be legible
    • Plans must be drawn to scale
    • Project Reference Number must be on the Intake form.

How do I submit Revisions & Deferred Submittals?

(When submitting Revisions & Deferred Submittals you must fill out an FPP Intake Form and specify what corresponding facilities permit number that is associated with your Revision or Deferred submittal.)

What is a Project Reference Number or a "Billing Identification" Number?

The "Project Reference Number" (Billing Number) is a set of numbers and/or letters that is (created by the Responsible Party or the Building Management Company) similar to a purchase order number. This is not YOUR JOB NUMBER

The "Project Reference Number" (Billing Number) is our authorization to bill the Responsible Party and provides them with a reference number on our invoices that can be used to tie the review and inspection charges for the permit to the corresponding project. Typically, the same "Project Reference Number" will be used for the building permit and all related trade permits for the same project. 

Please note: If we do not have a Project Reference Number, we cannot set up or issue a permit.  

Complete Project Submittals may be made to Permitting Services - 2nd floor - 1900 SW 4th Avenue. (Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri - 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. and Thurs 8:00 a.m. to Noon) 

For Questions, please call (503) 823-5996.