Skip to Main Content View Text-Only

The City of Portland, Oregon

Development Services

From Concept to Construction

Phone: 503-823-7300


1900 SW 4th Ave, Portland, OR 97201

More Contact Info

How to Request Public Records

For information not accessible online, or if you want a complete copy of records we maintain, you may make a record request online, in person, or via US Postal mail depending on the record type. Submittal fees, material costs and staff time costs are applied to public records requests.

The Bureau of Development Services has four primary areas that you can request public records through: Resource Records, Land Use Services Division, Enforcement Program and All Other Record Types.

If you haven't already, please visited our Readily Available Online Records to see if the records you are looking for can be accessed online free of charge. 

Resource Records

Resource Records section maintains copies of plans for issued building, site development, and zoning permits; permit inspection cards; sign permits, and Certificates of Occupancy.

Land Use Services Division

The Land Use Review Division maintains all records of land use review, pre-application conference, and public registry files.

Enforcement Program

The Enforcement Program maintains records for Housing, Nuisance, Zoning, Dangerous Buildings, Work without Permit, and Home Occupation Permits.

All Other Records Types

For records that do not fall under Enforcement Program, Land Use Division or Resource Records type, for example records related to policies, procedures, or emails.

Translated Records Request Forms

The City's Auditor's Office maintains Translated COP Uniform Public Records Request Forms that can be used to request records that the Bureau maintains.