1900 SW 4th Ave, Portland, OR 97201
The Portland Online Permitting (POPS) Program is modernizing the City of Portland's current permitting system into an online, enhanced customer service delivery system.
Currently, permit technicians input all permit application information into TRACS, a system the City has used to track and manage permits since 1999. This technology supports the development permit process, but it is antiquated and relies heavily on inefficient, paper-based transactions.
The City’s development review and permitting processes are collaborative and involve seven bureaus working together to achieve efficient review and coordination of development projects. Click here to view the POPS Program Charter.
POPS is comprised of five distinct projects, including:
• AMANDA Migration: Upgrading the TRACS permitting software, called AMANDA, while retaining current functionality and business processes. This is the system the City currently uses to track the review, permitting, and inspection of development projects. (Feb. 2020 Go-Live)
• Development Hub PDX: Introducing a more efficient public portal that allows customers to apply, pay, and schedule inspections for trade permits online. Development Hub PDX replaces Permits Online, a legacy customer portal that limited our ability to upgrade and enhance site functionality. Available now. Additional functionality will be added in the future.
• PDX ePlans (Electronic Plan Review): The City is transitioning in phases from paper to digital plan review using ProjectDox software.
• Inspection Scheduling: An internal efficiency which automates and optimizes the assignment of daily inspections to inspectors based on certifications, geography, and availability. The system allows managers to customize the automated assignment to support exceptions and special cases. (Spring 2020 Go-Live)
• Inspector App: A mobile-device app that works with AMANDA permitting software. Ideal for use by inspectors in Permits and Code Enforcement while in the field to manage and record results of inspections in real-time. (Spring 2020 Go-Live)
The public conducts much of their daily business online via smart phones and tablets, using a variety of applications and POPS will utilize these technologies to streamline the permitting and inspections process.
For more information on the POPS program, please send us an email: