Simple Bathroom Permit Program
Interested in getting a bathroom permit without drawing plans? Read below to learn more about the Simple Bathroom Permit process and how to apply.
- Interior only; no exterior alterations
- No changes to load bearing framing
- No more than 3 toilets on the property
- Located in a permitted structure in the primary residence (not in an accessory structure)
- Sink must be located in room with the toilet and shower or bath
*Please note other criteria may apply including but not limited to party sewers and/or code violations on property.
- Complete the Criteria page including property address and signature (electronic signature accepted)
- Complete a Building Permit Application. If homeowner is performing the work, complete a Construction Responsibilities Form
- Complete trade permit applications (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing)
- After emailing us, a BDS permit technician with residential inspections will contact you to confirm application receipt
- Applications will be reviewed within 5 business days
- A notification will be sent when permit fees are due
- After fees are paid schedule a preconstruction meeting through the IVR system 503-823-7000 using the IVR # and inspection code 295
- Questions? Call 503-823-9258 or email your questions to SBP@portlandoregon.gov