The following information must be submitted when applying for a permit to add a dormer or second floor to an existing one or two family dwelling. Since every project is unique, there may be some situations where you will be asked to provide additional information.
- Completed Building Permit Application
- Four sets of complete Construction Drawings, including Site, Architectural and Structural plans as listed in our Dormer Additions Submittal Guidelines
- Completed Residential Energy Efficiency Additional Measures Requirements form
- Completed Residential Fixtures Worksheet for Additions or Remodeling, if you will be applying for Plumbing, Electrical, or Mechanical permits at the same time.
Additional required materials depending on the scope of work, or specific site conditions:
- Completed Neighborhood Notice Certification Form, along with a copy of the Neighborhood Notification email, if your project qualifies as a Major Addition.
- Certification Regarding Asbestos and Lead Based Paint, if your project qualifies as a Major Addition.
To submit for a permit, bring the above materials along with intake fees to the Development Services Center.
The Bureau of Development Services sells a "Residential Combination" permit package. This allows you to call for all inspections using just the Building Permit (RS) IVR number and pay for all the permits at one time. You will need to submit the trade (mechanical, electrical, and/or plumbing) application(s) signed either by you, if you are doing these portions of the work yourself, or by your licensed subcontractors. If you do not have your completed subcontractor forms when you are applying for your residential permit (RS) you will have to apply for trade permits separately from the building permit. Sub-contractors that you hire must be registered with the State of Oregon and carry the correct licenses in association with their trade.