The following information must be submitted when applying for a permit to construct a fence. Since every project is unique, there may be some situations where you will be asked to provide additional information.
Site Plan (Scale site plans to most appropriate scale, e.g. 1”=10’ or 1/4”=1’
- Property lines, with dimensions
- Adjacent streets and any easements
- Property address and R number
- North arrow
- Distance between buildings and between buildings and property lines
- Dimensions and placement of the new fence on the lot
Structural Plans (Scale of plans to be ¼”=1’)
- Foundation plan showing location and size of footings and posts
- Elevation view showing fence framing including dimensions, lumber size, spacing, footing size/depth and span
- Connections to existing construction
To submit for a permit, bring the completed building permit application and four (4) copies of site, architectural and structural plans (for the area of proposed work and areas affected by such work ) along with intake fees to the Development Services Center.