The following information must be submitted when applying for this type of permit. Since every project is unique, there may be some situations where you will be asked to provide additional information.
- Completed building permit application form
- Four sets of complete Construction Drawings, including Site, Architectural and Structural plans as listed in our Garages & Sheds Submittal Requirements handout
- If lot slope exceeds 20%, submit a geotechnical engineering report prepared by an engineer registered in the State of Oregon
- Erosion control plan (may be a part of the site plan) or completed simple site erosion control form, if the project will result in ground disturbing activity. Note: Erosion control measures shall be installed, even when a simple site erosion control form has been accepted
- Mitigation form and/or a stormwater plan if your project will add more than 500 square feet of impervious area
To submit for a permit, bring the above materials along with intake fees to the Development Services Center.
The Bureau of Development Services sells a "Residential Combination" permit package. This allows you to call for all inspections using just the Building Permit (RS) IVR number and pay for all the permits at one time. You will need to submit any trade (mechanical, electrical, and/or plumbing) application(s) signed either by you, if you are doing these portions of the work yourself, or by your licensed subcontractors. If you do not have your completed subcontractor forms when you are applying for your residential permit (RS) you will have to apply for trade permits separately from the building permit. Sub-contractors that you hire must be registered with the State of Oregon and carry the correct licenses in association with their trade.