Skip to Main Content View Text-Only

The City of Portland, Oregon

Development Services

From Concept to Construction

Phone: 503-823-7300


1900 SW 4th Ave, Portland, OR 97201

More Contact Info

Getting Started

  • You will need to decommission your existing system if:
  • It has failed
  • You are selling your house and it is a requirement of sale
  • You need to connect to the City sewer
  • You have a demolition permit and will need to decommission an on-site sewage disposal system
  • A decommission permit requires a septic evaluation application
  • You must be both the owner and occupant of the house in order to do the work yourself
  • For other residential or commercial properties, a licensed State of Oregon, Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) installer must do the installation
  • If you have any questions, please call the Environmental Soils Section at (503) 823-6892.