- To verify the occupancy of a building. For example, determine if the building is a legal duplex, tri-plex or accessory dwelling unit.
- To check the occupancy type of a building. For example, conduct research on a building to determine what type of business can be located in the structure.
- To verify that work was done legally and correctly. For example, conduct research on a building to determine if permits exist for remodeling work that has been done.
- To verify the sanitary system the property is using. For example, research a property to determine if it is connected to the City sewer system or if it has a septic tank.
- To look up code or map information. The Resource/Records counter provides publications, maps and other construction related information for public use.
1900 SW 4th Ave, Portland, OR 97201